1908 NC

gossjh

Just read the post on the factory document circa 1906. Did not want to steal that post, so does anyone have any similar info, especially phot of 1908 model NC. I have what may be the only one left. The rear fenders extend forward unlike the 1908 brochure. Please share if anyone has a factory photo.

IMG_2797.JPG

Edited by gossjh
Adding image (see edit history)

Hey Joe

Your NC is certainly a nice car.

You are probably aware that Maxwell made a new model each model year and the NC is the 1908 version of the 1906 N featured in the "early factory invoice" post by Howard Dennis.

I don't have a factory photo, but there is a line drawing in the publication "Maxwell-Briscoe, the cars, the company" by James Zordich. The original publication was reprinted in 2006 in commemoration of the Maxwell centenary. As it is in the public domain I have reproduced it here.

Like our LD, there appears to have been short running board and long running board versions. I have seen both in the LD model. I have included a photo of our LD9024. Your photo shows the short running board and while the Zordich drawing shows long running board version.

We enjoy our car. It is a fun car.

Frank Cerutti

LD9024

Townsville, Australia

1908 NC.pdf

Car LD9024_0868.JPG