WTB: 1963-65 door switch plates for power windows, vents, and seat

KongaMan

I'm looking for both (driver and passenger) door switch plates for power windows, vents, and seat.  It would be nice if all switches were included, but I really need the vent switches.  And if you've got the vent harnesses (or just the connectors) as well, that would be sweet.

Thanks.

Driver's side:

s-l1600[1].jpg

Here is a passenger side on evilbay right now ...

1963 Buick Riviera Power Vent RH Door Window Switch Trim Plate Bezel Orig 63 64

That same seller had the one you picture above on there too, I thought it was pretty pricey but it says it sold ...

1963 - 1964 Buick Riviera Power Vent LH Door Window & Seat Switches &Trim Plate

You might check with Gene at AB&G for both, I'm pretty sure he has trim pieces like these available, or he has in the past anyway.

Good luck,

Randall

11 hours ago, Rivman said:

Here is a passenger side on evilbay right now ...

1963 Buick Riviera Power Vent RH Door Window Switch Trim Plate Bezel Orig 63 64

That same seller had the one you picture above on there too, I thought it was pretty pricey but it says it sold ...

Those prices are a bit, um, aggressive for what I'm after. ;) Maybe that's the market; I dunno.  I'm not looking for an entire vent setup; I just want the plates and switches for my own evil purposes.  For $400 for the pair, I'll grab the common plates without vents and mill the switch holes myself.

11 hours ago, Rivman said:

You might check with Gene at AB&G for both, I'm pretty sure he has trim pieces like these available, or he has in the past anyway.

That's my next stop, but past experience indicates that you can frequently find good deals from other enthusiasts.

On a somewhat tangential note, the vent switches on the drivers panel go side to side instead of front to back like the window switches.  What's up with that?  I've got a 63 Electra with power vents; all of those switches go front to back.  Does anyone know if those switches are interchangeable?  That is, can I use the vent switches from the Electra in the Riviera switch plate?

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)

If Gene is not an enthusiast, then none of are.  He's always had the parts I ever needed at much less of a price than your average "eBay enthusiast."  I'd venture to say that he's more cognizant of the market than anyone else.  Plus who else is going to guarantee the parts they sell?

My experience with Gene goes back into the first years of the ROA.

The actual switches are common GM parts.  They're also available as reproductions.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

13 hours ago, KongaMan said:

That's my next stop, but past experience indicates that you can frequently find good deals from other enthusiasts.

I got a switch plate, in similar condition to the one you have pictured above, from Gene around a year ago. It didn't include the switches but I bet he has them available, and probably the passenger side switch plate too. I paid him about a quarter of what that one was on ebay for, including shipping.

The plates with the power vents in them fetch a higher price since it wasn't as popular an option as the power windows.

Calling him is probably the best way to get in touch, I'm not sure how often he checks e-mails.

I have an extra set that I purchased from Gene several years ago, had rechromed and now have as extras. Unfortunately I now have probably 400 in the set but they are as near perfect as perfect can be and of course the left has the power seat casting hole