BOUGHT!!! 4-way power seat (1955 Buick Century)

Kosage Chavis

I am looking to buy a 4-way power seat for my 1955 Buick Century.  It doesn't matter whether this type of power seat was pulled from a Century or a Special.  From what I understand, the seats are the same between the years of 54 thru 55.  Power seats from 54 thru 56 Oldsmobile 88 should also be the same.  I am also open to the idea of using a 6- way power seat from a 56 Buick or just getting a power seat from a 54 thru 55 Roadmaster/Super.  Yes, I understand that would require modification, which is fine with me if I have no other choices. 

I do NOT need the seat itself, but only the track assembly with seat skirts.  Thank you for any help.

Edited by Kosage Chavis (see edit history)

I may have a 4 way in a 4 door 54 Roadmaster Kosage. i'll check and see, but I would suggest you keep on looking for a small series seat. 

A note of interest, the '54 Skylarks actually used 2dr Roadmaster seats with no mods except for upholstery and skirt trim. Edit and electric to hydraulic motor 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You or someone else would have to school me on the 54 Skylarks.  Are you saying that a 2 door Roadmaster seat would fit my car? 

I will definately keep looking for the Century/Special power seat.  I have seen some from Olds 88's on ebay, but they are usually missing pieces or obscenely over priced.

Thank you for looking out Mr Lamar.

8 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Are you saying that a 2 door Roadmaster seat would fit my car? 

With a shoe horn.  What I'm saying is that the 54 Skylark used 54 roadmaster front seats. The 54 Skylark body was same as 54 century and Special. So  it was a tight fit. I have sold at least three to folks who were restoring 54 skylarks.  Funny part is, when they got them, in order to be correct they would have to remove the electric motor and replace with hydraulic motors as for some crazy reason that is what the Skylark had from the factory, a carryover from 53 I guess. I don't think you will find a 54 small body power seat, as I don't think they made them. Perhaps later in the year. I'd have to check that,  my memory ain't what it used to be, and it never was  that much 

Now you got me wondering what would it take to retrofit two-door seat backs onto a four-door seat bottom. My head is starting to hurt already. Keep it simple find a 55 56 power seat. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cjp69 said:

You could try this guy.  Doesn't say if it has PSeat or not.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/pts/5911701680.html

No it does not have power seat. I know of the car because it once belong to a Buick club member who I sold a nice replacement 55 Cent 4dr Ht to. That cars has been sitting outside in a field in Media MN for 10-15 yrs with a motor stuck even then, so stated by the previous owner before sitting in that field. No title because it was left on the property with the title still not available to current owner who's trying to sell with just hand written paper if any.

• 2 weeks later...

I have power seat in '55 Special, so that animal indeed does exist... Problem is, i'm in Poland :)

If you would not find such a seat in US i am willing to ship as cheap as i can find.

I think that only seat track is different, seat is the same power/non power.

My power seat is in rather unknown state, i can get it out of storage and see what it's worth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m.kozlowski said:

I have power seat in '55 Special, so that animal indeed does exist... Problem is, i'm in Poland :)

If you would not find such a seat in US i am willing to ship as cheap as i can find.

I think that only seat track is different, seat is the same power/non power.

My power seat is in rather unknown state, i can get it out of storage and see what it's worth.

PM sent.

Finally found and bought a 4-way power seat that will fit my car from a very kind gentleman out in Washington state.  Everything seems to be there but unsure of the condition of the mounting feet which seem to have some damage.  Nonetheless, very excited.  Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1