blakew

33 PD Pinstriping photo request

Looking to see if anyone has closeup shots of correct pinstriping for the 1933 PD. You can barely make out the outline in a couple of places on my car, but I am not sure of where the two lines go right after the hood, along the doors and the rear of the car.

Thank you!

-Blake

They are 2 1/8" stripes that one goes under the door handle and one goes over about equal distance between the door handle escutcheon and the top/bottom of the belt moulding. They go right around the body like that. On the hood the bottom stripe stays straight and the top stripe slowly slopes down to meet it at the end of the hood side moulding stopping about a 1/2" from the end. Don't forget these stripes were put on by hand! and were never perfect. No two cars were EXACTLY alike. Good luck. 

Thanks!

They stayed equidistant on the rear of the body as well?

Thinking of doing a muted vermilion pinstripe at some point that would blend into the original fairly well.

Here is what I can see on my car currently. I can also make that angle out at the rear of the hood enough to have it pretty close.

26876889804_8e916f7a88_z.jpg

27451524746_d6af249105_z.jpg

-Blake

Yes they run around the belt moulding staying about 1/2"/3/4"? away from the edge of the moulding in a "straight line". (Basically what ever the guy decided to apply to your car that day. They were paid piece work by the way. From what I've seen they were pretty much left on their own but the stripes do follow a pattern from car to car.) At the front the stripes "jump" the front door gap onto the hood ,still being the same width apart as on the car proper,then they immediately start to narrow up to follow the narrowing of the moulding. I think close inspection of your car will pretty well confirm what I'm saying. 

I will check some photos I have of my sold" 33PD maybe there are some clear shots of the pinstripes,