Hello, Just Registered today

Hi everone. My name is Tim and I am 16 years old. My grandfather gave me a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme about a year ago and now I am working and have been able to afford to work on it. Me and my dad just put in new T-Top seals tonight. Man that was alot of fun. I got a new carpet and new headliner. I belive my car has the Olds 307 motor. I was reading that it had 160HP and 250LBs tourqe. Are these numbers perty acurate. Also are there any mods that anyone can recommend to increase HP. I am sure I will evently want to take the car to the track. My dad races and I just like to get into it. I was wondering if anyone has taken there Cutlass to the track and what times have the goten. I guessing these cars are pertty slow. Also anyone that may have a picture of their car would be great. Right now I am saving for paint. I think it still has the origanal paint which is pertty bad. Thanks for any help and I am glad to be on this forum.

Tim, look on your decklid and see if there's a chrome badge on it that says "Cutlass Supreme Classic Last Edition". If so you've got one of the very last 1000 or so rear wheel drive Cutlasses made. A T-top car is fairly rare that year.<P>Limited is right, a 307 car isn't and won't be a hotrod but they're good engines and given reasonable care will last almost forever.<P>Now, young friend, if you get a jones for some horsepower, a 350 or 403 Olds engine is exactly the same size as the 307 and will drop in yer car in place of it.<P>Take it you've already found the G-body Webring? Think the Olds Club site links to it.<P>Bring yer car to the Carlisle All-GM Nationals June 14-16 at the Carlisle PA fairgrounds. Olds people will be there and the guy who coordinates the Olds show has an 87 442.

OK thanks guys. I have check the webring already. I don't think there is a chrome badge but can you be more spefic(sp.) on where it is. I figured there was no way to make it faster but thats ok.(for now). I think it will make a great car that will last many more miles. It has about 60,000 right now. Do you have a link to the show you were telling me about. Thanks

The "Last Edition" badge is usually on the right side of the trunklid, just above the Oldsmobile script. I have seen them on the left side. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.carsatcarlisle.com" TARGET=_blank>www.carsatcarlisle.com</A> for Carlisle All-GM info.<P>Tim, e-mail me privately for info on the Oldsmobile Club of America's Young Driver's Program. It's set up for teenagers who own and maintain their own Oldsmobile and has some insurance benefits- important at age 16.<p>[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]