1956 Dodge convertible trim WTB

StillOutThere

Recently purchased this 1956 Dodge Custom Royal convertible.  Sometime in its history it has lost two small trim pieces.  Parts book says they fit '56 Dodge 'vert ONLY.   Seeking the two stainless pieces at the back corners of the quarter windows.  They are held on by common spring fasteners.  Their function is to finish off the ends of the surround trim behind the top.

If you know of a '56 Dodge convertible being parted anywhere:  back yard, collector salvage, whatever I would appreciate a lead so I can inquire. 

Thanks.

FirstDrive.jpg

TrimMissing_L.jpg

TrimMissing_R.jpg

On 12/3/2016 at 0:29 PM, keiser31 said:

Man, that is a GORGEOUS car! My sister had a black and gray and red '56 Dodge convertible.

My dear Aunt Rose had a '56 CRL new 4dr hardtop.  Knocked the socks off this 8 year old kid.   Lower color on this car is "Chinese Rose".  I'll nickname the car "The Rose" with a embroidered blackspare tire cover in the trunk featuring a lilac-color rose.

Edited by StillOutThere
Correct to "Chinese Rose" from "Oriental" (see edit history)

On 12/3/2016 at 11:10 AM, StillOutThere said:

My dear Aunt Rose had a '56 CRL new 4dr hardtop.  Knocked the socks off this 8 year old kid.   Lower color on this car is "Oriental Rose".  I'll nickname the car "The Rose" with a embroidered blackspare tire cover in the trunk featuring a lilac-color rose.

My 1955 CRL was Heather Rose, Jewell Black and Sapphire White....

Picture 998.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Follow-up for some next owner or shop searching for those trim end caps:

The '56 Dodge Lancer hardtops use a very similar piece of trim to start going around the base of their backglass.   It is a few inches longer.  When cut to the needed length of the convertible it is exactly the same piece as I needed.   That is what is on my car today.   Finishing restoration very shortly.   Now with '57 Hemi of 325" and modern Holley fuel injection.

70775678_421319381734054_5158124966511640576_n.jpg

facebook_1581516286880.jpg

• Like 2