GUIDANCE WITH VALUE NEEDED???? HELP!!!

Roadster90

I NEED TO SELL AT LEAST ONE OF MY OLDSMOBILES AND WOULD APPRECIATE A LITTLE HELP IN DETERMINING WHICH ONE WILL WITHHOLD THE MOST FUTURE VALUE AND OR WHICH ONE WOULD SELL THE QUICKEST OR FOR THE MOST $. I HAVE POSTED IN THE BUY/SELL FORUM TWICE AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN SO MUCH AS THE FIRST REPLY-MAYBE I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING EVEN WORTHWHILE?!<P>TWO VEHICLES IN QUESTION:<P>88 CUT SUP "CLASSIC" WITH V-8/305 AND 81000 MILES. BURGANDY VINYL TOP/BURGANDY PAINT/BURGANDY INTERIOR. EVERYTHING WORKS INCLUDING ANTENNA/CRUISE/ETC. NICE CAR!<P>89 CUT SUP INTERNATIONAL. WHITE ON GREY.<BR>TOTALLY LOADED WITH SUNROOF ETC AND ALL ELECTRICS WORK INCLUDING ANTENNA AND STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS. NEW $450.00 MICHELINS AND HAS 117000 MILES. ALSO NICE CAR.<P>CAN I HAVE SOME INPUT PLEASE EITHER IN REPLY FORM OR EMAIL?<P>SINCERE THANKS,<BR>NIC<p>[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: Nic Walker ]

frown.gif" border="0 Hi Nick, you'd be suprised at how little interest there is in even older cars from what is considered collectable eras. Cars from the 80's are sitting on car lots all over the country and few are sold. I've seen decent ones in the parts yards that were retired because they needed brake lines and no one wanted to fix them. This has nothing to do with whether they are good or bad cars they are from an "older body style" and are no longer trendy. They are also plagued with the old car means problems syndrome which is sometimes true, but then even the lower mileage, well maintained cars pay the price. Few people are mechanically inclined or equiped to deal with the minor problems that may occur. Many have no spare time to devote to autos, they have other interests. If you have them drive them and get your moneys worth that way. I bought a 76 Delta 88 for 600.00, I figured if I drove it for 3 months I was dollar wise ahead of those that pay 200.00 - 300.00 per month and never even gain clear title. I spend very little per mile than the average person and get to drive cars I really like. <P>Steve

I think the rear wheel drive '88 is the most valuable. Being the last of the G body Cutlass and it sounds in nice shape (how's the metric 200 transmission?) you should be able to get $3500 or so. Try the classifieds at 442.com or go to a local GM swap meet.

Gentlemen,<BR> finally some replies! I was beginning to get an inferiority complex-thanks so much!!<P>*****Frank b.--question: what is and how does a metric trans (if that is what i have in the classic) act like compared to a regular trany--is it "special". I really do like both these cars and it is going to be difficult to sell either one of them. thx again............