new york auto show

when visting the new york auto show at the <BR>jacob javits center,this week i wandered into the oldsmobile exibit featured prominently with a huge signboard was a <BR>1966 olds toronado in lucerne blue <BR>serial #001 from GM museum.the only classic in the show,this car was featured in magazines at the release of the car in 1966.<BR>patrons of the show were flocking around this car as if it was a concept vehicle.<BR>for me this was the hit of the show as i am a 66 toro owner. pictures at my web site,<BR><A HREF="http://communities.msn.com/1964oldscutlass" TARGET=_blank>1964 olds cutlass</A>

GM's management is lame brain! New Olds sales are up. The Intrigue is an awsome looking car and people are buying it. This decision was a unfounded short sighted cop out! What a history ,what a success, what a bunch of cowards! Changing the way America does business??

Guest Skyking

I'll tell you how lame brain they really are. About two months ago my wife and I were out looking at new cars. We happened to go to a Buick/Olds dealer in Massachusetts. At this dealership, they removed the Oldsmobile sign in front, but I noticed about 10 brand new Auroras in the back row. I asked the salesman if he would show us them. He said there was no use in looking at them because they weren't for sale. I questioned him on that and he said they had to go back to GM. I said, you mean to tell me if I wanted to buy one of those cars tonight, you wouldn't sell it to me. He said he couldn't because GM wanted them back. I left there doumbfounded.....All the way home I said to my wife, "no wonder they are going out......."

Guest Skyking

86, sorry to say, but I guess that's the new American way.......I can't figure it...That night, if the price was reasonable, we would have bought the Aurora. It is a very nice car...