Fabric universal discs (driveshaft)

Dave Young

Has any one had new fabric discs made for the driveshaft?  My 28 needs them and I'm not having any luck finding a shop to tackle this.  I do have the old ones. I did contact a fellow in Massachusetts a year ago who is "working on it" but I have given up ever actually seeing the discs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you Dave for the plug. Yes, I can make more.

I'm the guy in NYS. I just made a set for Dave's 28 Chandler. I've also made them for Cunningham, Franklin, Nash, and other makes that used rubberized discs for driveshafts.  I also make and rivet in, fabric rings for clutch disc hubs as part of my clutch rebuilding service. I can make any thickness rings up to 1/2 inch and up to 9 inch diameter. And any number of bolt holes and bolt sizes from 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Email is the best way to contact me for swapping info and getting a request for pricing. airiscool@frontiernet.net  

There are no books listing each make and it's dimensions, but that's not as much of a problem as some might think. The driveshaft flanges and length can answer any missing info. I just need to know the thickness of each disc, how many discs are needed, the outside and inside diameters, the number and size of bolt holes, and bolt circle diameter.  

The disc material I use is all modern synthetic material. It is waterproof, oil and grease resistant, and stronger than the original rubber and cotton canvas discs.

Thank you,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...