1939 Buick convettible

Guest BDDodge

Guest BDDodge

selling an unrestored 1939 Buick Special Model 46c convertible. 22609 miles.

runs and drives good, but starter is currently bad.

car is in the Cleveland area. asking around $40,000.

for mor info can contact me at brian.summers07@comcast.net

IMG_0178.JPG

Eleven years ago I'd have been on the phone for this car, trying to get the price down.  I can tell you, if you built it into an AACA National Award Winner you'd have, using friends and local craftsmen, at least $75K in it, and it would be worth about $50-55K.  Of course this car looks better than mine did when I bought it.  But, I've been there and done that now.  At 78, there will be no more restorations for me, just maybe another driver or two before I turn in my papers (so to speak).

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

Fortuna,

Your comments are well taken, but there is some very good advice to the seller here.  This is his first post to the forum and if like most will never log back in to check for any posts.  He has a post from two days ago requesting interior and other photos without any response from the OP.  The picture of the car could have been taken 10 years ago or last week.  My guess is that the car has been sitting for a while because of a bad starter and is not in the condition of the car in this picture.  I could be wrong, but it is up to the OP to support his price with more photos as requested. 

First off let me say I have no real interest in the sale or ownership of this car. I do however know this picture was taken about 15 months ago at Clifford-Shoemaker Funeral Home & Crematory in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio for the service of Tom who was a BCA member who owned and drove the car up until shortly before his death.

I agree they should have probably repaired the starter before advertising the car however the present owner might not be that familiar with antique cars.

Carl