Sign in to follow this  
rageracing

Never got my money back

Anybody here ever give someone a bunch of money for a truck and never receive that vehicle or all their money back in over 2/3 years.  Just curious to what they did next.   PM me maybe better before someone here takes it down like the last time. 

Thanks

I think I am way past that point and been beyond patient.  Just sucks having to spend more of my money just to get it back but I don't think I have a choice.  Thanks for the advice and I don't feel bad anymore about doing that

Maybe you can file a claim with the Attorney Generals office. If you call a police dept., they will probably tell you its a civil matter and hire a lawyer. Depending on the amount of money you may even file in small claims court. I hope you have good records. Its horrible when people don't keep their word. good luck. You have nothing to feel bad about.

I had to get a car of mine back from a "friend" who was "working on it" for a year. He NEVER touched it, so I went to get it back. By the time I finally got to his place, he had shown some actual work that he did, but the price to get it back was three times more than his quote. Since he refused to give the car back to me for the originally agreed price, I took a cop with me for what the police call a "civil standby". With the policewoman there, it was just enough intimidation to get my car back. You might try to ask a police officer to do that with you. You just never know....it might work for you, too.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, rageracing said:

What are thought were "friends" are what always seem to get me in trouble too.

The "friend's" kid took me aside and told me that his Dad wanted to keep the car (1968 Dodge Dart GTS 383 four barrel, four speed) and put a 440 in it that he had. As you may have guessed, he moved out of town owing LOTS of his "friends" money.

On November 22, 2016 at 8:41 AM, rageracing said:

What are thought were "friends" are what always seem to get me in trouble too.

Same here.  I'll keep my tongue bitten.

Hope it somehow works out for you....

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc

"All your lies somehow left me blind" | George Ducas | 'Lipstick Promises'