vso cutlass

I take it you've seen the one on e-Bay- the VSO is a regional marketing package and almost every Olds sales zone had some version of it. VSO stands for Very Special Olds; there were also GMO in the Northeast, Carolina Cutlass in the Raleigh/Charlotte zones, Cutlass Surprise out of Rockville/DC, and many more. It is technically option Y76, Marketing Group Car and was available 1974-77 on the G37 Cutlass Colonnade Coupe. The option included: Landau vinyl roof with stainless tiara trim band, chrome dual sport mirrors, argent silver SSII wheels, and deluxe steering wheel from the Cutlass Salon. The quarter windows were filled and used the Supreme opera window glass similar to the high line Chevy Malibu.<P>I've seen some 79 and 80 Cutlass with a stainless roof trim that I think were also part of this program, though my books don't mention it.

To add some more on the VSO car, all RPO were available with the Y76 option including Compaticolor interior (white seats/door panels with dash and rugs color keyed to the exterior) and powertrains up to the 455 for 1974-76 and the 403 for 1977. <P>Many people have confused it with a Hurst conversion because of the roof trim, and in 1976 the Delta 88 was available with Option Y61 Royale Crown Landau Coupe which included stainless roof trim and a blind quarter padded landau roof; these cars were converted by Hurst but the Y76 was an in-house job as far as I know. I've never seen any Hurst documentation on it as I have the Crown Landau.