1923 Model 45 top irons

Tom Getz

Tom, the top mechanism should fit with some minor adjustment.  

The original material was called "duck" canvas, essentially heavy canvas that was somewhat waterproof.  We are now using a product called Stayfast.  It is available from quite a few suppliers.  Stayfast is three layers and waterproof.  Really made for the boat industry.  Trimacar (David Coco) is the resident top expert on the AACA forums.  Send him a PM re the material and construction of the top.  David did my 23-45 in black a few years ago and still looks new.  I do not know what colors are currently available, David knows for sure.

Tom, the top mechanism should fit with some minor adjustment.  

The original material was called "duck" canvas, essentially heavy canvas that was somewhat waterproof.  We are now using a product called Stayfast.  It is available from quite a few suppliers.  Stayfast is three layers and waterproof.  Really made for the boat industry.  Trimacar (David Coco) is the resident top expert on the AACA forums.  Send him a PM re the material and construction of the top.  David did my 23-45 in black a few years ago and still looks new.  I do not know what colors are currently available, David knows for sure.

Colors are available.  Here is the link.  http://www.haartz.com/products/stayfast