46-47 Cormorant hood ornament

Dynaflash8

A-OK and thanks Owen.  I looked at a really nice car, but the bird makes all the difference to me.  I'll bet its really hard to find a factory sunvisor.  I've seen them on a number of these cars for sale, and I think it really ads to the appearance.  That said, I like accessories, especially on cars immediately post war.  At that time cars wee so hard to get, that dealers stuffed every known factory accessory down the throats of those lucky enough to make it to the top of "the list".

Extremely nice people!  I had a long phone conversation with Don a couple of years ago and have purchased from them (his daughter Cyndi, too!)  Here is their  information:

Cyndi Sommer McLauchlan

American Arrow Corp.

248-435-6115 Phone

248-435-4670 Fax

Jay

Novato, CA

I have a Super Clipper. I couldn't imagine the car with full "bird" out front, can barely stand the modified "Godess of Speed" but it's more svelte than the pelican. I prefer the simplicity of the standard, but then again if we all had the same taste the world would be fairly boring, yes? The only thing I'd add to mine is a pair of skirts. Well, that and a new name on the title (for sale)...

072.jpg

And one with the Goddess of Speed from a google image search;

1947PackardCustom8-006.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My wife dearly loves the bird out front, and I dearly love the skirts.  I read that skirts were standard on a Super (2106), but look at my Buick picture. :)  What would I know?  I can see this 2106 has more shine and depth than your 2103.  This car is or almost is the same color as the other one.

• 2 weeks later...

If I get the car I'm looking at, I'd like to find the bird, a pair of skirts, a grill guard and a trunk guard.  By comparison to pre-War full classics with sidemount fenders and all of that, these cars are kind of plain.  For my part, I like the pizzaz.  In addition, after WWII, the dealers loaded the cars up with every conceivable accessory the factory could offer, and then said to the buyer....."If you want a new car, this is what you have to do, like it or not".  Soooooo, who has any of those options to sell to me?

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)