1925 Buick Fender Welting

Hubert_25-25

Needing details about fender welting for my 1925 Buick.  What is authentic regarding welting on the front and rear fenders. 

I was thinking perhaps from A to C on the front fenders, maybe A to D.  On the rear fenders, from E to F and maybe H to G also? 

Bobs sells ¼”welting that is paintable, but I would think I am just using black and it would be unpainted. 

They would not have painted welting back then, especially with black fenders.  What is correct?  Thank you,   Hugh 

welting snip.JPG

Leif is correct.  The early Buick's did not have them.  But with that said I did add welting to the rear fenders of my 1928, model 29,  as I thought they had it during this period and was missing the welting when I purchased the car way back in 1984.  Nothing to stop you from doing it, but it is not period correct, and any judge will pick up on that.  My welting is black as the body is a dark blue and the fenders are black.  My opinion is less or none is best.

• Like 1

Hugh:

Thanks for asking the question to the forum. I only assumed that it may have been present since I had it on my 1925-25. It does have welting on all the locations you note. As I told you, the Master I just picked up does not have any welting on the front fenders. It does have welting on the rear fenders. I know that we are only trying to fix what others did 40-50 years ago with an interpretive restoration. Having said this. It does look much better in my opinion with the welting. It really gives all the joints a finished appearance.

• Like 1