Where is our vintage car market headed???

Joe in Canada

19 hours ago, edinmass said:

,What town are you in?

Rt 32, Mansfield...6 miles from UConn main campus in Storrs...

Ed,, I am not The Amazing Kreskin... but I do know why you asked.. :)  .. and I Thank you !,  ...I am however a very shy guy,....but have no shyness at all if I just happen to bump into a stranger in person...it works that way for me far better...very hard to explain, but I don't make plans.  We shall meet one day, AJ as well...we will see...just when, and where?.  I hope you understand my life's unpredictability.  Also very hard to explain.  Read my posts on "leaf in a brook" on the 34 LaS thread this morning  :)

33 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Maybe we should try to meet at the Klingberg event June 17? Bob     http://klingbergautoshow.org/

Bob,  that looks like a great show.  I'm going to be on vacation with the wife so unfortunately I won't be able to attend. 

Frank,  it took me 10  years of going by Bob's spot at Hershey looking for him before I gave up.  Then at Pebble Beach last year this good looking dude shows up and introduces himself as Bob.   We you get the Nash running Ed and I will come down you can drive us around the yard sitting on milk crates.  Will be my first ride in a prewar Nash.  I have a few I need to tick off the list.

• Like 1

Frank..no worries. Just like to know the active pre war car guys around me. We are a rare breed. I haven't met Bob in person yet. I will try for the meet in Kinlgberg but I have to be at the new museum that week and I am not sure I will be home in time for the show. I have made a handful of friendships from this site, and some are now close friends. I actually knew AJ's mom and dad well from the CCCA in the mid 1980's but had never met him until the mid 2000's. He became an instant close and trusted friend. Last year we discussed doing a meet in centeral Mass for the local guys on the forum. I have been so busy we never got it past the talking stage. Maybe next summer we can get a informal weekend based out of a small hotel for a few days drive. 

• Like 1

I never met Bob either.  E-met him first on Hamb, and over the years know he is exactly one year ahead in age, works at resto shop, afraid of electric wire fires :)   Bob, not to fret, My kid had the 32 Ford out and was beating on it,.  The tiny battery I borrowed from his project truck slid back hard in the oversized tray.  He said it pulled the hot wire off the booster electric pump...which all of that is next to the circa 1920 Cad 20 gallon tank.  He does not scare easy, just like his Dad  :)   

A local down-n-dirty truck shop/tow service owner once told me about "unneeded worry"..... he said: "doing that,.. why not live under a rock" (for staying safe at all times)

Bob is the MAN.  He's the one that pointed me to the Cusik-Schumacher special that ran in the Vanderbilt Cup and eventually got me to the origin of my Stutz.

Frank,  the best thing my mom ever told me (and I was about 12) was that 99.9 percent of the stuff you worry about never happens.  I started keeping track and she was right.  Of course, that doesn't mean something you are not worried about doesn't come up and bite you in the rear end!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I sometimes worry about winning the lottery, and it changing my life forever................so I guess I'm lucky I've never won. Bob

Connecticut State lottery in your/our state way back, had the slogan "you can't win if you don't play"

I said "you can't lose if you don't play".  I save the buck for car parts or tools