ted sweet

eastern spring meet, wv?

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:31 AM, Marty Roth said:

Robert,

We've had a succession of Suburbans over the years, and had generally excellent results pulling all of our trailers - specifically the 30 ft long, 11-1/2 ft tall one we currently use, and we are generally pulling a 4,500 to 5,5oo lb car and another 1,000 lb parts and tools, besides all the gear for a family on a 2-3 week cross-country trip. 

and a 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3L TurboDiesel 4X4

7.3L Turbo Diesel !! Woof Woof   :D

truck & trailer.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Street said:

Got a trailering question.  It just appears that it's about 6 miles from the trailer lot to the show field and I understand that "there is trailer parking at Showfield" the morning of the show.  I guess we come from host hotel to trailer lot, then rehookup then go to show field for parking unload do the show then back to trailer lot?  I am bringing a non-driver if I enter this one so any information/comments

Robert

I think you pretty well have it figured out, you go to the trailer lot, unhook, go to the host hotel, drive back to the trailer lot on Saturday morning, hook up and go to the show field. Show your car. What is the problem ???  :D

16 hours ago, Robert Street said:

Got a trailering question.  It just appears that it's about 6 miles from the trailer lot to the show field and I understand that "there is trailer parking at Showfield" the morning of the show.  I guess we come from host hotel to trailer lot, then rehookup then go to show field for parking unload do the show then back to trailer lot?  I am bringing a non-driver if I enter this one so any information/comments

Robert

This is probably a question you should consider asking the Meet Chairman directly via email or telephone listed in the meet tri-fold.

When I used Google Earth to look at the show site there did not appear to be a lot of big parking lots capable of supporting trailers and tow vehicles. If that is the case, there could be limited trailer parking at the show on the day of the show. The meet chairman should have this information and is the person I would ask if I were you.

Charlie

5 hours ago, charlier said:

This is probably a question you should consider asking the Meet Chairman directly via email or telephone listed in the meet tri-fold.

When I used Google Earth to look at the show site there did not appear to be a lot of big parking lots capable of supporting trailers and tow vehicles. If that is the case, there could be limited trailer parking at the show on the day of the show. The meet chairman should have this information and is the person I would ask if I were you.

Charlie

I did email the meet chairman regarding trailer parking at the show field on Saturday. I live in Virginia and am trailering a car from home directly to the show field on Saturday morning. He assured me that there would be adequate parking at the show field. If I understand Robert's question, he knows this, but is hoping to find a way to avoid hitching and unhitching. I wonder if the hotel has a courtesy van that would shuttle guests back and forth to the trailer parking lot.

Edited by 31 Caddy (see edit history)

2 hours ago, 31 Caddy said:

I did email the meet chairman regarding trailer parking at the show field on Saturday. I live in Virginia and am trailering a car from home directly to the show field on Saturday morning. He assured me that there would be adequate parking at the show field. If I understand Robert's question, he knows this, but is hoping to find a way to avoid hitching and unhitching. I wonder if the hotel has a courtesy van that would shuttle guests back and forth to the trailer parking lot.

Thank You for the additional information about the trailer parking on Saturday from the meet chairman. For those that need parking at the show site this is good to know. I can understand Robert's concerns about hitching & unhitching numerous times when staying at the host hotel. A courtesy van is a great idea if the hotel has one and does not need it for other guests who have to get to the airport, etc.  

Six miles from trailer parking to show field?  As others have said, I really do not want to have to hook up Saturday morning and drag my trailer to the show field.  If it isn't raining, I don't mind driving the car over but not if it is drizzling, raining, etc.  Of course, neither do I want o have to hook my trailer up in the rain!! 

I already have reservations at the host hotel but I may rethink this show knowing the logistics issue

Bob

So how many cars are registered for next week's meet?  Joel and I looking forward to being the in mountains and seeing some friends!
Annie :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnniesSS said:

So how many cars are registered for next week's meet?  Joel and I looking forward to being the in mountains and seeing some friends!
Annie :)

I have not seen a count posted as of now. I will be there with my VW in HPOF and will be judging. I too an looking forward to seeing the Huntington area and seeing old friends and making new ones!  

Charlie

You are bringing a non driver ????? Are non drivers now allowed on the show field? Was there a rules change?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger Frazee said:

What is the street address of the trailer parking lot.

According to the Huntington Meet's Tri-Fold information, the trailer parking lot is located at ACF Industries Parking Lot, 2300 block of Third Avenue in Huntington.  This lot is approximately 14 blocks from the host hotel (Pullman Plaza) and about 5-6 miles from the show field.

The show field is located in the HIMG Parking Lot at: 5170 US Route 60 East #1, Huntington, WV. 25705

I checked both of the above addresses in both Google Earth and Mapquest and they work fine for navigation.

Charlie

On 5/22/2017 at 11:22 AM, Restorer32 said:

You are bringing a non driver ????? Are non drivers now allowed on the show field? Was there a rules change?

I think he just doesn't want to drive the car that far. I'm sure what he calls a "non driver" is a trailered car

But I expect you knew that. I think he opted not to attend because of this 

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)

Late to the party...180 vehicles.  I understand the concern about trailer towing and the inconvenience but this region stepped up when we had no show for the Eastern Division.  They are small and they had to make do.  I am towing a trailer as well and not thrilled about all the hooking and unhooking but it is what it is and I will just consider it my exercise for the days!  I will be bringing my race car as a DNJ but want to support these guys.

We are a pretty hearty bunch so hope we take any inconvenience in stride and try and have a great day.  Now if the potential rain really holds off until nighttime we are all set!

See you there. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Charlier, for the addresses.  I will set my GPS accordingly, and will plan to drop the trailer before going to the hotel.

47 minutes ago, Roger Frazee said:

Thanks, Charlier, for the addresses.  I will set my GPS accordingly, and will plan to drop the trailer before going to the hotel.

You are quite welcome. I too have stored all the addresses for the Huntington Meet in my phone that I used for navigation. 

Steve, funny I was thinking that the trailer hooking/unhooking would be part of my exercise for the meet in addition to judging (chassis). I am sure I am not the only AACA Member who very much appreciates that the Huntington Region stepped up to host this meet. Hopefully the weather for Saturday changes for the better like it did for a few other days this week. I guess we will know come Saturday morning. Safe travels everyone.

Charlie

The trailer parking isn't a problem for me, I'm bringing a car that needs to be driven some and I'm looking forward to it. I do hope the rain stays away. Hey, I remember the meet a few years ago that we had to drive the cars through town and even get on the freeway for a little ways, i think it was Reading, Pa. It was a great meet.

Edited by real61ss (see edit history)

Please pray to whatever Gods that it doesn't rain, like it's predicting too, on Saturday :(  I've had enough of this weather!!

• Like 1

I'm Hoping, Wishing and Praying also for Nice weather on Saturday, I did that for Auburn and it worked....We have about a 635 mile drive south from Northern Michigan..........Just don't step on any SPIDERS and it won't Rain......:rolleyes:

Edited by Rooney3100 (see edit history)

For those who were wondering, the host  hotel lists "free valet parking" on their website, I called them and they said they would have designated self parking for those of us driving show cars in. And she said it wasn't going to rain ! 

Friday was gorgeous!!  So far this morning it's cloudy.  Well see what happens.

Photos to follow :-)

Good show    weather held out and no rain after 7 today.   It got hot in the afternoon however the early dismissal from the show field gave everyone plenty of time to pack and hit the pool before the dinner and awards.   Nice job by all concerned. 

• Like 1