Sign in to follow this  
PWB

'67 HOLY GRILL NOS!

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

015.jpg

Hmmmmm, I can't say that's the most flattering porthole hardtop roadster I've seen... 

1957-ford-thunderbird-312v8-270hp-e-code

5 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

OMG........never tell the wife about such nonsense and less she is a bigger car buff than you are!

Kind'a difficult to hide the big box with jewelry in it...not for her. :rolleyes:

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, 60FlatTop said:

I looked at all that vendor's sold items and everything looked to be the highest quality and NOS. You never get hurt when you buy the best.
 Everything I ever was accused of paying too much for has a good memory attached. The bargain stuff is gone.

I knew a guy who :refurbished" a Mustang and kept bragging about the great deals on repop parts; $23 for this, $31 for that. He got all done and I KNOW he lied to me about how much he sold it for. No one wanted it.

Looking at the evaluations of high prices, I guess the question would be, how much should it cost and how did one arrive at that figure?

To Wives, they must always be held under The Male Mystique. Mine saw a car in my garage with the shop manual lying on the seat. She asked "Why do they pay you so much to fix the car when they have the instructions?" "Male mystique, like to go out to dinner on that charging problem?"

Check out this pro's crate! Now that's the way

$_12.jpg

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to install it as it sits!   :lol:

It feels good to get stuff treated like it is the treasure you expected. I have had shipping boxes like that made by a carpenter friend. Fifty bucks, easily plus drop off and picking up.

The seller knows how to make a deal feel great.

Bernie

• Thanks 1

PWB, after browsing the topic " Sad, so sad" you can chuck away all the shiny metal bits and use the timber for your new grille. A bit of sand paper and some stain would make an awesome piece to put out front.

And if you wanted to, you could resell the metal grille to recoupe some of your costs.

Post some pics when your done, love to see it!

( ps 2 glasses of red wine + Buick Riviera Forum = Automotive Silliness)

Rodney

I say Well Bought!  Where the 68 GS grill is finally repo'd now, when a NOS one came up for sale I snagged it.  

Plastic is a little easier to repop!  Now on eBay for $500 every day.

A pot metal bit like this is worth the $$ if one needs it.  

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, rodneybeauchamp said:

PWB, after browsing the topic " Sad, so sad" you can chuck away all the shiny metal bits and use the timber for your new grille. A bit of sand paper and some stain would make an awesome piece to put out front.

And if you wanted to, you could resell the metal grille to recoupe some of your costs.

Post some pics when your done, love to see it!

( ps 2 glasses of red wine + Buick Riviera Forum = Automotive Silliness)

Rodney

Wine + Land Yachts = expensive hobby.

Sour Mash here. Cheers!!! :lol:

• Like 1

More shiny jewelry for the lady of the house (I mean...garage! :D)

- its a sickness

Radio Face Plate.JPG

57 minutes ago, PWB said:

More shiny jewelry for the lady of the house (I mean...garage! :D)

- its a sickness

Radio Face Plate.JPG

. . . admitting it is just the first step to recovery Paul !! LOL

• Like 1

Sweet!

I personally don't think I will ever recover from this dragon disease. MORE RIVI!!!

Perhaps we all need to start attending a local RA meeting.  "Hi, I'm Ed and I'm a Riviera addict. I haven't been clean since 1982. I can't even think about living without the addiction."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was recently in a Jimmy John`s restaurant and on the wall was posted a "words of wisdom" poster which I related to...."there is a thin line between a hobby and mental illness". I generally describe my involvement in the old car hobby as "a hobby on steroids"...the wife has never commented, a rare occurrence for sure,

Tom Mooney

• Like 1