Nota the next project

Since I finished the Holden I have added this to the stable.

Historic race car with Log books.

It is a NOTA  built in Sydney AUS. in 1955 and hasn't been raced since around 1964 it hasn't been pranged or modified and in it's original paint, and it looks like it.

I have it's full history, every one who has owned it and photos of it being built and raced.

The mechanicals are Ford 10 and the engine is 1100cc with many modifications, twin 1 1/4" su carbs bored 60 thou, headers, head and block relieved plus a few other bits.

It weighs 420kg

DSCN0842 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0844 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0845 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0850 (1024x768).jpg

• Like 2

It isn't running, the previous owner rebuilt all the mechanicals five years ago and never started it so only a few things to get it going like no fuel pump and the wiring is a mess to need to tidy that up as well and I want to run a spanner over everything and check he put split pins where they should be.

As for the body I will leave it alone it is original only once.

After that I will hit the track and see what it can do should be a heap of fun.

Perhaps you could answer a question for the benefit of those of us who are not familiar with the details of the small English Ford engines.  You state it is 1100 cc - maybe to fit in the1100 cc class for racing? But if it was a Ford 10 engine it was originally 1172 cc and a 60 thou overbore would add about another 100 cc to the displacement.  Maybe it is an 8 engine bored oversize? But that would bring the size to only about 1000 cc.

Just curious.

7 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Perhaps you could answer a question for the benefit of those of us who are not familiar with the details of the small English Ford engines.  You state it is 1100 cc - maybe to fit in the1100 cc class for racing? But if it was a Ford 10 engine it was originally 1172 cc and a 60 thou overbore would add about another 100 cc to the displacement.  Maybe it is an 8 engine bored oversize? But that would bring the size to only about 1000 cc.

Just curious.

You are correct 1172cc + 60thou,  senior moment

It won't be just a display piece it will see time on the track and I would rather leave it as is BUT for safety sake [and wife's peace of mind] it will get a roll bar, seat belt and firewall, these will be removable when it is on display.

We have a club here Golden Era Auto Racing which get together each month usually mid week for a day on the track, just turn up pay your money and have a day of fun with like minded oldies.

• 3 months later...

Hello

I can remember Nota(s) racing at lots of Historic Events, They were good little cars, Does your's still have the original three speed gearbox or does it have a Morris Minor four speed? Alternatively there were close ratio gear sets available from the UK.

I had an 100E Anglia which I used for club level "Trials". The gearbox was the weakest link. The circlip locating second gear would "jump off" in moments of stress. A "blob" of arc weld was the usual fix. 

Bj.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Made it to Queensland Raceway on Wednesday, it is interesting to drive it gets your attention that is for sure still a few things to look at like the clutch starts to slip when it hits around 5000rpm and the brakes need a bit of attention like more detail adjustment.

Can't wait to get it out again next month.

DSCN1951.JPG

DSCN1955.JPG