1937P4

Artillery Wheel Hubcap

Gentlemen, I'm looking for a set of hubcap for to fit the Plymouth 10 hole Artillery wheels. I believe these came off of a 1936. I'll buy 1 to 6 caps if anyone has them. I have enclosed a photo of two hubcaps with dimensions that I have that will NOT fit so these can be eliminated. Also enclosed is a photo of the Artillery wheel with dimensions that I need the caps for. All dimensions are approximate. If you can even supply a photo and/or dimensions of the caps so I'd know what I'm looking for would be a great help. Any/all help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day and God Bless.  

hubcap6.jpg    artillerywheel4.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. There are several places listed under Chrysler caps and most don't go back into the 30's. The places that do only show caps for mid to late 40's. Ebay has a lot of old caps but, I honestly don't know exactly what I'm looking for at this point. It could really get expensive buying random caps to find what will fit. I'm relying on the good people here to guild me in the right direction so I can spend my money wisely. Again, thank you for the information and I'll keep looking under that heading.  Have a great day and God Bless.

artillery.jpg

I looked around on the internet last night and I did not find anything either.  Roberts Motor Parts sells caps back

to 1937, but since you said that your wheels were 1936, those probably will not fit.  Like you, eBay is of no help,

since a lot of folks selling caps there don't know what they have.  You could contact Roberts and see if he has 

any used ones or knows where you might find some nice caps for a 1936 wheel.  Also, contact AMS Obsolete

(used to be Mitchell Mopar Parts) and ask if they have any.  Nice looking coupe, by the way.

Edited by wldavis
Add text. (see edit history)

Thank you for the information. I'll check them out and see what I can find. I appreciate it

and God Bless.

Those look similar to the caps for my 35 Dodge KC.  I was able to buy (very cheaply) some plain baby moons from Summit Racing.  A little work with a cutoff wheel and some careful fiddling to pop them on the wheel and I have a great solution for the moment.  Sure would like some original covers though.

If you are interested I can measure my caps and if they are the same I can give you the part number for what I purchased.

Jim

Thank you for your response and I'm very interested in finding something that will fit. Would also like some photos of your caps. As I stated earlier, I have no ideal what I'm looking for. Have a great day and God Bless, Selmer

9 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but a '37 wouldn't have had these artillery wheels when new.

I appreciate your input. I did point out that the wheels were from a 1936. They may not be the correct wheels for it either, but I did want them on my 37.  Have a great day and God Bless

My wheels seem very close to yours.  I modified "Vintiques Center Caps 1008-1" to fit my wheels.  They do make others.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/WVI-1008-1

Pictures below.  I took time to smooth the cuts with sandpaper.  I also used a screwdriver or putty knife to push the last couple clip into the cap when installing.  Sometimes when I walk by the truck I center them a bit by hand because the do move around 1/8 inch or so, but they have stayed on for a couple of years and the roads are rough around here.

I bought one and made sure it would work before I ordered more.  You would likely want to do the same.

I've also thought about getting stickers made to match the Dodge inscription that should be there.  There are tons of cut stickers available on Ebay for cheap so I'm sure someone can take an image file and cut stickers.

Jim

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

Edited by jimy (see edit history)

Thanks Jim. This will work until I find a set of original cap. I'll order one today and see what happens. I really appreciate the photos.

Have a great day and God Bless, Selmer

A couple of videos of the 36 with the wheels you have. I may have some. I will take a look. We just got done moving our company and have not had the chance to unpack everything. They are 36 wheels. 37 went to a solid wheel with slots.

Found them. I did not mark them. Kinda goofy. The wheel I used to try the caps is from a 1936 Dodge truck. 36 Dodge car is a different wheel.

Thanks

Dave

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

unnamed (7).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

3-4.jpg

5-6.jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (17).jpg

• Like 1

On 10/23/2016 at 5:15 PM, knobless said:

these may be what you are looking for the smaller ones fit wire wheels ply 33/34

PA230015.JPG

PA230014.JPG

I believe the hubcaps you have in the above photos are what I'm looking for. Below is a hubcap a friend sent me to try and it does fit. I believe it's the same as yours. What do you want for these two Shipped to Selmer R. Lowe Jr., 490 Bank Dr., Fall Branch, TN  37656

hubcap7.jpghubcap8.jpghubcap9.jpghubcap10.jpg