Rollston Victoria

alsancle

Thanks for posting the photos, alsancle. Didn't know you were a Stutz Guy, vintagerodshop. Sorry it's past tense. I took these photos with my $15 Kodak when I was in high school. O.K., skipping high school to go to a car show and parade in Medicine Lodge, Kansas. Glad I did. My grandpa and I trailered a 1910 Buick Mod. 16 or 17 Raceabout down there to be a part of this, held in conjunction with the 1867 Indian Peace Treaty Pageant commemoration held in Medicine Lodge. The Stutz was owned by a local doctor, as I recall.

There are some differences between the car FS and the one I took pictures of, but AJ says they are the same one and he checked with an authority on that kind of thing. There are differences in the trunk insignia, windshield wipers, horns, body and top color, and it had different bumpers in 1970. The vendor's description says it was discovered in Cleveland (isn't that where all the great cars come from?), then there were two engine switches. It definitely had a dual overhead cam Stutz engine when I saw it almost half a century ago. I didn't ride in, or drive the Stutz, but it remains the most impressive Classic I have ever seen. 

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)