New car

Guest Jon Barker

Guest Jon Barker

I haven't been on this forum for a long time. Had a 1937 Century sedan which I have now part exchanged for this. Thought some of you might be interested to see this model.

P1010074.JPG

14 minutes ago, Jon Barker said:

Here's what the car was like before my friend restored it

I had to look for some of your old posts...because I wanted to know where this car was built, or bodied. 

Can you tell us more about the original body builder and where it was bodied.....and some info on how it became a cabriolet?

I have a lot of interest in these sort of cars

Thanks in advance

Edited by F&J (see edit history)

Guest Jon Barker

I will put together as much as I know about its history in the next few days. It was built as a right hand drive convertible coupe so must have been specially ordered as I don't think Centurys were built for export. The hard top you can see is a pre war Jaguar roof welded to it and internally it was made into a four seater with an old bus seat. More to come when I get the info together.

14 minutes ago, Jon Barker said:

The hard top you can see is a pre war Jaguar roof welded to it and internally it was made into a four seater with an old bus seat.

Wow, I was not expecting that !

I had wondered why a 1930s body builder in Europe would have used those convertible styled doors on a coupe.  Looking forward to this thread continuing...

• 3 months later...

Have just came across this thread. Looks an impressive car.  Is it wood framed or all metal?

UK had several coach builders who used Buick chassis and front sheetmetal.  Carlton was one of these UK coach builders. Have only photos of open/ cabriolet /convertible/roadster cars by UK coach builders.  Is a thread here on AACA.org some where about these