RivNut

Rivieras for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

On the neat color 66

Been for sale for a good while. Not a standard 66 color so its either an SCO or repaint. I think Chris, CJP69 was checking into it to try and find out if an SCO car but not sure if he ever found out.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JZRIV said:

On the neat color 66

Been for sale for a good while. Not a standard 66 color so its either an SCO or repaint. I think Chris, CJP69 was checking into it to try and find out if an SCO car but not sure if he ever found out.

Is it an MZ engine?

1 hour ago, Pat Curran said:

Is it an MZ engine?

Negative on that

Pictures show the Qjet and chromed single snorkel breather.

6 hours ago, JZRIV said:

On the neat color 66

This vehicle used to be Riviera White with a black top. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.25.54 PM.png

IMG_2009.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/20/2020 at 5:28 PM, Chimera said:

This vehicle used to be Riviera White with a black top.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.25.54 PM.png

It's still gorgeous. I think the seller would be well-served by stating exactly what color it now is.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, J3Studio said:

It's still gorgeous. I think the seller would be well-served by stating exactly what color it is.

Black interior BTW.

Gorgeous for sure. Man, could you imagine how much a factory dual quad with a factory SPO paint like this would be worth??? $$$$$

• Like 1

64 dealer trim book:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114076388068?ul_noapp=true

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

Hmmm.  Description says one owner but the Autocheck says three owners.

Because the first "owner"  was an upper level manager using it as a fleet vehicle.  Second was the original "public" purchaser who owned it for 19 years.  Third "owner" is the seller, who is a "flipper".

5 hours ago, psychostang said:

Because the first "owner" was an upper level manager using it as a fleet vehicle. Second was the original "public" purchaser who owned it for 19 years. Third "owner" is the seller, who is a "flipper".

Yep. It is well-photographed.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:51 PM, Chimera said:

Gorgeous for sure. Man, could you imagine how much a factory dual quad with a factory SPO paint like this would be worth?

… but why try to sell it at a Ford dealership?

https://www.gstonemotors.com/used/Buick/1966-Buick-Riviera-95e4bb7d0a0e0ae71e4d0d97d9dd2ddd.htm

1 hour ago, J3Studio said:

Yep. It is well-photographed.

Except no under body pictures, since it was a Michigan when new would have to have seen some or a lot of road salt. Of course being a GM car free car washes were available. But with only 567 miles and being sold as new with only a 10% rebate it might be good, but still too much $$$ for a 21 year old rare car.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 4:43 PM, BUICK RACER said:

Except no under body pictures, since it was a Michigan when new would have to have seen some or a lot of road salt. Of course being a GM car free car washes were available. But with only 567 miles and being sold as new with only a 10% rebate it might be good, but still too much $$$ for a 21 year old rare car.

Good point on the undercarriage. @Rivman and others have advised me to beware of that, even in a relatively low mileage eighth-generation car.

This one is not for me—I'm in the market for a 1996 to 1999, but not for a Silver Arrow.

Having a 95 with every fuel and brake line replaced and a 99 SA that the cradle had to be repaired and several brake lines and fuel line. it is scary. Too bad nice cars get junked cause for a few $$ more better material could have been used but then they would not be able to sell new cars, DUH.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BUICK RACER said:

Having a 95 with every fuel and brake line replaced and a 99 SA that the cradle had to be repaired and several brake lines and fuel line. it is scary. Too bad nice cars get junked cause for a few $$ more better material could have been used but then they would not be able to sell new cars, DUH.

For future reference, did you replace the lines with stock or better than stock lines?

The 95 was done by local hacks that my mom had them do with regular steel lines, I can quote my sister as she once said "there's 13 miles of new lines". both fuel and brake lines I think were all replaced and seem to holding up fairly well, I inherited the car and took possession last April and have only had to replace the last line, I believe never needed till last year, the left front from the ABS module to the brake caliber, $10 and some time, I fixed it myself. Mom took possession from me in May 1995 and loved it, but never got it washed and was driven in Upstate NY where they use a lot of salt.. It only has 96K miles so I'm trying to keep it going

For the 99 SA I ordered the complete kit from Classic Tube https://classictube.com/catalogs/ in Lancaster, NY and was very happy with the fit and I still have a bunch of it cause I only needed the line across the trailing axle and the right side long one. and then I retired and sold the car for parts to Derek in Buffalo.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BUICK RACER said:

The 95 was done by local hacks that my mom had them do with regular steel lines, I can quote my sister as she once said "there's 13 miles of new lines". both fuel and brake lines I think were all replaced and seem to holding up fairly well, I inherited the car and took possession last April and have only had to replace the last line, I believe never needed till last year, the left front from the ABS module to the brake caliber, $10 and some time, I fixed it myself. Mom took possession from me in May 1995 and loved it, but never got it washed and was driven in Upstate NY where they use a lot of salt.. It only has 96K miles so I'm trying to keep it going

For the 99 SA I ordered the complete kit from Classic Tube https://classictube.com/catalogs/ in Lancaster, NY and was very happy with the fit and I still have a bunch of it cause I only needed the line across the trailing axle and the right side long one. and then I retired and sold the car for parts to Derek in Buffalo.

Thank you!