RivNut

Rivieras for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

It's funny that this topic  comes up now as I have a couple deals pending for a one owner 63 Lesabre convertible ( rose mist poly ) and a  one owner 1970'Toronado ( regency rose). Not sure either will come to fruition as owners are pretty proud of them. Personally I love the color  girlish or not !  I do favor the white top on both rather than black but that 70 Riviera but it is a very striking car . 

KReed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ken, 

Besides finding a proper rear window valance if the one with the vinyl top is stamped to look like vinyl, what would be involved in removing a vinyl top from that 70 Riviera?  Are there a bunch of molding holes that would have to be filled?  I've had three 2nd generation Rivieras but none with a vinyl top so I'm not familiar with the trim. Like the shorter skirts as well

I like that convertible too!  

In high school, a good friend of mine had a 57 Chevy painted Evening Orchid, a very similar color.  His car had a black interior.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

13 hours ago, kreed said:

It's funny that this topic  comes up now as I have a couple deals pending for a one owner 63 Lesabre convertible ( rose mist poly ) and a  one owner 1970'Toronado ( regency rose). Not sure either will come to fruition as owners are pretty proud of them. Personally I love the color  girlish or not !  I do favor the white top on both rather than black but that 70 Riviera but it is a very striking car . 

KReed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's a nice Toronado!  And it's a rare GT to boot.  I'm with you, I have no issue with the color at all.  Would like this one better if the interior was the same color as the roof but I would take it in a heartbeat.

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

Ken, 

Besides finding a proper rear window valance if the one with the vinyl top is stamped to look like vinyl, what would be involved in removing a vinyl top from that 70 Riviera?  Are there a bunch of molding holes that would have to be filled?  I've had three 2nd generation Rivieras but none with a vinyl top so I'm not familiar with the trim. Like the shorter skirts as well

I like that convertible too!  

In high school, a good friend of mine had a 57 Chevy painted Evening Orchid, a very similar color.  His car had a black interior.

Ed, the 1970 didn't have the vents below the rear window.  

3 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Ed, the 1970 didn't have the vents below the rear window.  

Thanks, that would make it easier to remove the vinyl top.  That car, with the short skirts, white interior, and Sunset Sage paint, has been niggling in the back of my mind.  Gonna have to check it out a little deeper.  I need something that's different.  My current "fleet" of common colors (black, claret, silver, and white) just dosen't stand out in a crowd.

Ed

5 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Thanks, that would make it easier to remove the vinyl top.  That car, with the short skirts, white interior, and Sunset Sage paint, has been niggling in the back of my mind.  Gonna have to check it out a little deeper.  I need something that's different.  My current "fleet" of common colors (black, claret, silver, and white) just dosen't stand out in a crowd.

Ed

Notice the panels behind the interior door handles.  They are black but should be white.  Maybe some owner did that or?  I always liked the 1970 and I prefer the short fender skirts as well.  Go for it Ed!!

17 minutes ago, psychostang said:

I am typically a purist but I like the grill treatment on this car.  Note the silver frost areas are blacked out as well as the vertical grill bars.  It gives the car a wider stance.  Nice!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

I guess it’s nice to be quoted, but isn’t the Riview copyrighted?

Short quotes with full attribution are generally okay, but this isn't that. Makes me wonder why I try so hard when I write.

• Haha 1

Such a shame that we have become ‘color blind’ when it comes to cars. Though it is nice to see a car of color in the sea of monotones!

On 9/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, Pat Curran said:

FYI, there is a 1969 with 15,400 original miles being offered by Tom Mack.  (tommackclassics.com).  This car was advertised by someone else approximately 5 years ago when I was living in NC.  It had 7,000 miles on it then.  It has a real unusual combination of options to include the ultra rare rear seat shoulder belts.  

FYI, the car is now being offered by Orlando Classic Cars for $35,000.  It is on ebay as well.

Edited by Pat Curran
update content (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I just scored a great find on Ebay the other day!

A NOS 68-69 All Buick Coolant Overflow Reservoir kit (part # 981766).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Buick-Riviera-Wildcat-Coolant-Reservoir-68-69-Vintage-981766-ALL-MODELS-GM/133218750670?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

No, I didn't pay $225 for it! :-)

All I need is a length of rubber hose and I will be set to install this kit in The Aqua Zephyr.

I will post some pictures of the install in a few weeks.

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 4:18 AM, J3Studio said:

Yesterday's Hemmings Find of the Day was a Verde Green 1965 Riviera, asking $58,000:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/10/26/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1965-buick-riviera-2/

image.thumb.png.6f370f1c40ca5e8873df9dab77bbac7e.png

—it sold quickly.

If car is mechanically and body, as shown in photos, it's worth every cent. If known history with documentation it's a steel.

Tom K 

1965 black GS for sale at "Hanksters" He is a guy that buys and sells hotrods and muscle cars. His PA shop is about an hour northeast of Pittsburgh PA