Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

I was looking at the invoice on my tablet - very small print. Then I looked at it on my desk top and see that it is probably ZZ - Riviera Silver Green.  I’m not used to seeing Z’s written with the British dash through the middle.  I also found green as an option for the stratosphere bench seat. It all makes sense now, other than the appraiser’s description.

1965 Riviera GS on Hemmings:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/buick/riviera/2469018.html

I am somewhat new to the Riviera world, and am actually looking for a '63-'64, but this one is interesting. It appears to be a a color change (Sahara Mist) and lacks A/C, both of which are deal breakers for me. My question to the more knowledgeable among you is: how can one tell if this is a true Gran Sport? And what do you make of the asking price if it's a real GS?

This car does have the LX code stamped on the engine and the VIN matches the engine and car.  This car needs a fair amount of work both inside and out and the price seems a bit high for the work it needs but some may see it another way.  The floors and inner rockers have had rust repair done to them and not done to a high standard.  The Gran Sport emblems are the early production small ones and the rear one is in the wrong place.  It should be under the Riviera script.  The transmission should have a BS code and the car should have positraction.  The positraction tag on the rear diff of this car is missing but sometimes that happens.

I looks like some liberties have been taken with this car but it could be a diamond in the rough for the right individual.

Edited by Pat Curran
update content (see edit history)
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, kegart said:

It's a shame that the dash was carved up for a tape player. I had look again, I think it's a 4 track.

Kevin 

I believe you are right about it being a 4 track.  Muntz sold a bunch of these back in the day but I can't tell if it is a Muntz unit or not.  I had seen a 63 with the same unit mounted in the same place at a regional gathering I hosted some years back.  

Original exterior color was Sahara Mist. The more I look at the floor repair the more it appears to be of very inferior craftsmanship. Certainly I've seen worse but considering the price of the car I'd expect better. Its too bad because a car like this would justify doing it right but everyone has a budget and differing perception of what's "right"

Doesn't look like anything was touched/rebuilt on the chassis and suspension. At least not for decades. That can be a good thing, again only if the price reflects it because there a lot of work there to bring it up to reliable condition. 

Its irrelevant but isn't that a stamping error on the POP for the transmission. Has a T instead of an S. Not really that uncommon I don't think.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone notice the tyrap holding the parking brake pedal to the release handle?  :D  I wouldn't give $15k for this car.  There are a lot of hidden issues.  Plus, no A/C, oilpan and trans pan are seriously rusted.  Axle has a pinion seal leak.  Everything is  seriously rusted on chassis suspension steering and parts of exhaust.  Not to mention the wrong badges for a 2nd week of Dec. build.

There is a lot yet to be done to this car to bring it to the asking price. The wood in the door panels shows signs of weathering, and if I’m not mistaken, the seats have been recovered in a vinyl not representative of the true saddle color. To me these are the OPGI “wanna be” covers.  The color is a mottled blend of two shades rather than a solid color.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, NC1968Riviera said:

John, distance is no obstacle in pursuit of the right Riviera! 😀

Mike, on further inspection, it does not seem to have the sunroof. Nice to see eighth-generation Rivieras that aren't white or beige, though.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)

On 3/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, RichardR said:

1965 Riviera GS on Hemmings:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/buick/riviera/2469018.html

I am somewhat new to the Riviera world, and am actually looking for a '63-'64, but this one is interesting. It appears to be a a color change (Sahara Mist) and lacks A/C, both of which are deal breakers for me. My question to the more knowledgeable among you is: how can one tell if this is a true Gran Sport? And what do you make of the asking price if it's a real GS?

This car is likely an original dual quad 425 car (actually more rare than the GS) but someone has added the small GS emblems to the body which explains why the rear emblem is on the wrong side of the car.

There is a possibility the ProtectoPlate has a mistake on it regarding the trans code but that would be exceptional. I have, however, seen a handful of ProtectoPlate mistakes. A pic of the trans tag would determine whether my suspicions are correct.

Tom Mooney

22 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

This car is likely an original dual quad 425 car (actually more rare than the GS) but someone has added the small GS emblems to the body which explains why the rear emblem is on the wrong side of the car.

Ooog …

For any 1968 or 1969 owners looking for parts, I have posted several parts on Facebook Marketplace for the Fayetteville, NC area.

You will also find the parts listed in the FB 1968 - 1969 Buick Riviera and the ROA Cars and Parts groups. 

Discounts available for mentioning this ad on anything you see that tickets your fancy. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MasonLucas said:

1972 Buick Riviera Coupe Grey RWD Automatic boattail On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Buick-Riviera-boattail/393183329796?

s-l500.jpg

I asked the seller "What does the undercarriage look like? Any previous flood damage or bad rust issues?"

Answers: No upper body rust just lower panels. Solid car looks good runs good. It’s garage kept and barely driven.

The undercarriage is fairly good just a little surface rust from the car being driven in snow over the years. Whoever buys it I recommend body & paint job to give it the car show look it needs.

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

Question for a good friend of mine:

We live in Switzerland and he is selling his great Riviera '65. I just wonder, how much $ (+/-) this car could achieve in the US... The car is in deed in a perfect shape and he is asking 74k (wich in my opinion is a bit too much).

Here is the link to the selling platform with different pics:
https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/buick-riviera-coupe-occasion?vehid=8412947

and here a YouTube vid:

Thank you for your realistic assessments (and reasons).
Greetings,
Schmiddy

Edited by Schmiddy (see edit history)

10 hours ago, tbg22 said:

Beautiful boat tail Riv GS just popped up on ebay, single family owner, nice car

I am not a boat tail guy but this one belongs here, so a some that appreciates these might grab it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233938422458

This is an incredible car I would love to have. I expect it to bid up pretty high

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

2103.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JZRIV said:

This is an incredible car I would love to have. I expect it to bid up pretty high

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

2103.jpg

Will definitely be interesting to see how much it goes for.  Already up over $16K with more than 6 days left.  Looks like a very nice car.