Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

17 minutes ago, j3studio said:

How serious are the issues mentioned?

Worst thing is the front bumper.

I don't know how you'd get 'er perfectly straight again. Mad skills needed.

Lower door panels with the speaker holes would be difficult to find in good condition.

What a gorgeous color combo! Rare

This car is a steal IMO.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

Has anyone checked out this one from the latest Riview? Seems like a really good deal if it’s real.

1C839D90-BA6F-405C-A8A4-5435540C3D8D.jpeg

I think that I was probably one of the first ones to call on it. He said he needed a couple of weeks to get the parts together. I called him this past Tuesday, left a message, no response. He called me Thursday, told me it was sold. Someone put pressure on him to look at it and they ended up buying it. Lesson learned.

10 hours ago, JJ62 said:

I think that I was probably one of the first ones to call on it. He said he needed a couple of weeks to get the parts together. I called him this past Tuesday, left a message, no response. He called me Thursday, told me it was sold. Someone put pressure on him to look at it and they ended up buying it. Lesson learned.

Tom Mooney, did you buy another one? Our tech expert lives just a couple of hours north of Paxton

Edited by Rivdrivn
Text (see edit history)

Seen on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuickRivieraCarsandPartsforSale/permalink/2362469483971836/

Moving sale!! I’m relocation and I can only take 1 classic car so this one has to go. Looking for a quick sale, selling it what what I bought it for no more no less. clean and almost complete minus a few odds and ends 1965 Riviera, power windows, power drivers seat, A/C, PS car, power trunk lock but needs some love. Hideaways work ! Runs and drives suspension seems to be original according to the way it handles. Car is not plated but can be driven around my neighborhood. Items sold separately in addition to the car sale price, rear body mounts as most know this is a common problem for these cars so I got a pair from a CA car for $325, purchased basically everything OPGI had available for a total interior overhaul all brand new still in boxes I have $ 2,363 in OPGI receipts. Will not piece meal the body mounts or interior stuff out until the car is sold. Can be a little negotiable if everything goes together. I bought the car for $15,750 and that’s the sale price for just the car. Located near Charleston, WV moving in 10 days! Fell free to call, text or IM. Twofoureightsixfourzerofivefoursixzero

Image may contain: car, house and outdoor
Image may contain: car and outdoor

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

1 hour ago, riv2x4 said:

Been on local CL for a very long time.

I thought I remembered it—likely because of the high mileage.

Seems to have a lot of Silver Arrow-specific stuff, though.

Edited by j3studio (see edit history)

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/bar/d/lakeland-1972-buick-riveria/6889916306.html

1972 Buick Riveria (lakeland) hide this posting unhide

< image 1 of 9 >
01414_33baKBufUvn_600x450.jpg
01515_8FKR4u0wixZ_600x450.jpg
00202_kZOqfQZD2NX_600x450.jpg
00303_daGciJBWwJs_600x450.jpg
00X0X_dbgHAIELalI_600x450.jpg
00b0b_7NOebBD6M7H_600x450.jpg
00606_ccsbmR3F4MW_600x450.jpg
00X0X_dbgHAIELalI_600x450.jpg
2948.png2948.png2949.png2949.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

QR Code Link to This Post

1972 Buick Riveria. Totally Original car. Has ps,pb,pw,ps,am-fm,a/c,cc,tilt wheel. 455 V-8. Interior and exterior in excellent condition. Has Buick rally wheels. Have extra rally wheel. $12,900. Will take trade plus cash. Tell me what you have to trade.

12 hours ago, Chimera said:

non GS 67 went for well over 18K

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-371638/1967-buick-riviera/

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 8.19.15 PM.png

Part of a fairly large (about 100) and quite varied no reserve collection. Looks to be in pretty good shape—no miles stated.

1967 Riviera Grand Sport coming later today—also at no reserve. "Older restoration" with, I believe, more than the factory rake. No mileage stated—the catalog expects/hopes for $35,000 to $45,000.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-371597/1967-buick-riviera-gs/

mecum1967rivieragrandsport.jpg

1 hour ago, j3studio said:

1967 Riviera Grand Sport coming later today—also at no reserve. "Older restoration" with, I believe, more than the factory rake. No mileage stated—the catalog expects/hopes for $35,000 to $45,000.

Someone needs to learn about the advantages of Bleach White.  Did they even bother to wash the tires? Overload springs or coil spacers in the rear?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, j3studio said:

Sold for $30,000 plus 10% buyer's premium.

• Like 1

That's the final of seven Rivieras offered at Mecum Indy. They all sold:

1971 Buick Riviera coupe

Purple (Sunset Mist?) with white half vinyl top, black seats (not pictured)
455 CI
$11,000 plus buyer's premium

1983 Buick Riviera convertible

White, red leather 45/55 seats
307 CI, 77,000 miles
$9,000

1983 Buick Riviera convertible

Red Firemist, red leather 45/55 seats
307 CI, digital dash, 75,000 miles
$8,500

1970 Buick Riviera coupe

Bamboo Cream (I think) with black vinyl top, burnished saddle cloth and vinyl notch back bench seat
455 CI, air conditioning, 77,000 miles
$10,500

1965 Buick Riviera coupe

Silver Cloud with black vinyl top, black vinyl bucket seats
425 CI, air conditioning
$36,000

1967 Buick Riviera coupe

Green Mist (I think) with black vinyl top, white bench seat
430 CI, air conditioning
$17,000

1967 Buick Riviera GS coupe

Black, black vinyl bucket seats
430 CI
$30,000

• Thanks 1

Thats about right for the black 67 GS. Really nice vehicle, yet wrong tires, cracked steering wheel, wrong stance. A good deal considering it was sold at Barrett-Jackson for about $51K. The guy had it listed for $50K for awhile now. I think $30K is just a tad low for such a rare and excellent condition 67.

12 hours ago, Chimera said:

Bring a trailer 1970, auction ends soon!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-buick-riviera-2/

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.00.51 AM.png

Did you see this comment by CaptainMyCaptain on this car? Someone is pretty clever...

There is a greater than zero chance this car was ordered new by The Most Interesting Man Alive.

There are tell-tale signs.

He custom ordered the car in Sea Mist Green because that was the color of envy. When he drove the car off the showroom floor after it arrived at the dealership, it immediately increased in value by 50%. The California title with his signature on it went on to win the Pulitzer Prize for non-fiction.

A year into ownership he was changing a tire in the high desert outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico when he was bit three times by a rattlesnake. After five long days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died. Later that same year he returned the car to the Buick dealership for scheduled maintenance. A disagreement developed over the proper spark plug gap. The Most Interesting Man Alive eventually had to punch the Service Manager in the face to prove a point. The Service Manager had to fight the strong urge to thank him.

The drum brakes on the car are actually signed by Ringo Starr. The grill on this Riviera can perfectly cook a Porterhouse steak to perfection. The rear fender skirts lift themselves slightly every time he walks by the back of the car. There is a whole section of the Owner’s Manual dedicated just to his beard.

He was once pulled over for speeding fifty miles outside Vegas. When the officer saw who was behind the wheel of the big Buick coupe, he wrote himself a ticket.

In the mid 70s he had the Riviera shipped across the pond on the Queen Mary so he could compete in the Tour de France. He won the race, but was later disqualified for riding a unicycle. On the voyage back home he rebuilt the transmission using only the key to his cabin and dental floss. Back in California he had the factory clock removed due to the fact that time is always on his side.

He drove the green beast to Chuck Norris’ house to teach him the marshal arts. On the way back home he pulled the Riviera over to the side of the road and had an awkward moment, just to see what it felt like.

He and the Riviera are both considered national treasures in countries they have never even visited. Bikers walk their motorcycles past the Riviera wherever it may be parked.

He doesn’t always drive. But when he does, he drives a 1970 Buick Riviera in Sea Mist Green. He is the Most Interesting Man Alive. May the auction prove worthy.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Someone needs to learn about the advantages of Bleach White.  Did they even bother to wash the tires? Overload springs or coil spacers in the rear?

Indeed. There were some very easy to do tweeking that could have been done. Its even missing the ignition key nut. The window roof seals were almost rotted / absent.

It makes one wonder where the owner is.

So much more potential?

6 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Despite the horsepower being stated incorrectly at 270 rather than 370.

There are endless mistakes in auction pages. Most auction houses evidently cannot justify the expense of having somebody work on the pages who either a) knows older cars or b) knows how to research. The higher end houses (RM Sotheby's, Gooding, etc.) tend to be better, but even they sometimes have some absolute laughers.

1 hour ago, j3studio said:

There are endless mistakes in auction pages. Most auction houses evidently cannot justify the expense of having somebody work on the pages who either a) knows older cars or b) knows how to research. The higher end houses (RM Sotheby's, Gooding, etc.) tend to be better, but even they sometimes have some absolute laughers.

What I question is the seller. If there are blatant errors in the description, and the seller can't catch them,  then in my mind the seller is a flipper and doesn't really know jack about the car.  Like the local ad that I saw some time ago fo a '63.  The seller stated it was a 465 cubic inch engine with a Powerglide transmission. I didnt even bother calling about it.  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, RivNut said:

What I question is the seller. If there are blatant errors in the description, and the seller can't catch them, then in my mind the seller is a flipper and doesn't really know jack about the car. Like the local ad that I saw some time ago fo a '63.  The seller stated it was a 465 cubic inch engine with a Powerglide transmission. I didn't even bother calling about it.  

Agreed that it makes you question the seller's knowledge and attention to detail. But there are some things the auction houses should always catch—if I see one more eighties Avanti advertised as a Studebaker, I think my head is going to explode …

12 minutes ago, j3studio said:

Agreed that it makes you question the seller's knowledge and attention to detail. But there are some things the auction houses should always catch—if I see one more eighties Avanti advertised as a Studebaker, I think my head is going to explode …

Kind of like calling a Riviera a Buick.

11 hours ago, RivNut said:

My bad, I didn't read closely enough. I missed the "eighties" part."  Wasn't that 80's era car actually called the Avanti II?

I let you slide—it was a Friday evening. :) They called them Avanti II for a while and than went back to just Avanti in the Steve Blake years. The only Studebaker Avantis were build between June 1962 and December 1963.

Something a tad newer—a 1985 that isn't a T Type but still doesn't have a vinyl roof, though it does have an aftermarket stereo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Buick-Riviera-Hardtop-Coupe/202519336050

$8,900 Buy It Now price. Handsome with that Dark Charcoal Grey Firemist paint, even if I question calling it a hardtop (I don't remember Buick selling this generation as a hardtop even though it is). Said to have 64,000 "careful summer" miles.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by j3studio
Clarifying what I mean by the hardtop description. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, j3studio said:

Sold for $15,900.

OK Riviera People:  I attended the 1994 Solvang, CA Fall meet. There was a guy who brought down a 70 Riv just like this one, super clean and very lo-miles.  Tragically, he passed away during the meet in his room. He was only in his early 30's too. It was so sad looking at the car and knowing that it's owner was not coming for it.  I wonder if this is the same car. It could have easily been thrust into BCA people's ownership.   Mitch

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

No B pillar - it's a hardtop (unless it's a convertible.)

Oh, I agree. I just can't remember Buick selling this generation of cars as hardtops (he says as he looks through his brochures).

No Riviera has ever been sold that wasn't a hardtop.  The Riviera name was first used 1949 to denote the 2 door pillarless hardtop.  For many years, Riviera was synonymous with hard top.  Four door cars as well.

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

No Riviera has ever been sold that wasn't a hardtop.  The Riviera name was first used 1949 to denote the 2 door pillarless hardtop.  For many years, Riviera was synonymous with hard top.  Four door cars as well.

I believe they sold a few Riviera-branded convertibles in 1949 and there were pillared Riviera sedans in the early fifties. But you are correct—the vast majority of Riviera-named Buicks were hardtops. What I found jarring was the description of the sixth generation car as a hardtop—not an eighties usage, though still correct. I have clarified my original post.

I guess that they sell it as a hardtop as opposed to the convertibles that were available.  Perhaps hardtop in their vernacular  was opposed to soft top.

By the way.  Do you know why a chicken coop has only two doors?

If it had four doors, it would be a chicken sedan.

• Haha 1