Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

Lovely Claret Red Metallic 1991 Riviera with red leather bucket seats and 26,000 miles on cars.com, asking $11,500.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/786834659/overview/

image.png.2d62ec63130c532c989124a7775310b8.png

Is this as good-looking as the seventh-generation cars got?

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PWB said:

Beautiful cars.

Just to dang tiny for me.

I'm by no means a "small guy" and I've found this generation Riviera quite roomy.  Besides our day trip ventures, Linda and I drove our 93 to the ROA meets in Lexinton and Colorado Springs, and our 90 to Chicago and Overland Park and to the BCA meet in Springfield.  Comfy, peppy, roomy, and economical.  My wife drives it to and from work when she's in the mood.  "Don't knock it till you've tried it."

Ed

• Like 1

local to me if some has serious interest in it. 

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/bellevue-buick-riviera/6992692177.html

Buick Riviera - $22000 (Bellevue)

< image 6 of 12 >
00Q0Q_5BWbIP0Pmuh_600x450.jpg
00909_28kG9OCdVj1_600x450.jpg
00202_3Qc69ebkpLC_600x450.jpg
00f0f_8MDV3n0UP4h_600x450.jpg
00n0n_jqUHIBhykoj_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_ccgEWl2lbw4_600x450.jpg
00w0w_4xFAAo1nSAL_600x450.jpg
00T0T_3FhpRD5bnED_600x450.jpg
00Z0Z_g1sHfAxCxVM_600x450.jpg
00k0k_ddsaSGMAUfE_600x450.jpg
00C0C_erzyfdgXTmr_600x450.jpg

356.png357.png356.png356.png357.png357.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1972 buick riviera

VIN: 4Y87U2H915440
condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 84000
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

QR Code Link to This Post

Amazing Buick Riviera 1972,runs great,new engine.
455 CID 4 BBL V8,
New tires ,back seat is like brand new,original wheels,new exhaust.

1 hour ago, J3Studio said:

Emerald Mist?

Emerald Mist?

How about Seamist Green?

The chart below shows it was available on Riviera at an extra charge, maybe it was special ordered?

1080076012_1972BuickColor-1.thumb.jpg.8e0532b8466ae6e7d4fdc5549cae46e9.jpg 1149177243_1972paint.thumb.jpg.ba52111ab8dbcde25844e0f7e4c04f5e.jpg

I posted both pages because the color looks different on each one.

It might have been an SCO car? Seamist Green is not listed on the ROA site, maybe because it was an optional extra cost color?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rivman said:

Emerald Mist?

How about Seamist Green?

The chart below shows it was available on Riviera at an extra charge, maybe it was special ordered?

It might have been an SCO car? Seamist Green is not listed on the ROA site, maybe because it was an optional extra cost color?

I rejected Seamist Green as a possibility because it wasn't on the ROA site (I'm so trusting). I'll agree that it is visually closer. How common were special order paint cars?

4 hours ago, J3Studio said:

I rejected Seamist Green as a possibility because it wasn't on the ROA site (I'm so trusting). I'll agree that it is visually closer. How common were special order paint cars?

It is.

If seamiest green then only 58 came from factory that color.

Of course it could also be a repaint. Perhaps was originally Emerald, then painted a more rare color, yet this is all part of the detective work.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 10.04.23 PM.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J3Studio said:

It looks like the ROA lists only the "standard" colors that were available on the Riviera, the others on the 1972 Buick color chart are left off.

I know one member that has a Fire Red '72, not a "standard" color, but an "available" color. His body tag doesn't list it as an SCO car, it just has the 75 code for Fire Red.

654288667_IMG_2546(2).thumb.JPG.a63687626f86c6758f3589d30c434f8b.JPG

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/lake-stevens-1966-buick-riviera-gs-465/6992846770.html

1966 BUICK RIVIERA GS 465 WILD CAT - $3500

image 5 of 7
00H0H_4Zg0l9Roo5w_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_NdyjupGYP6_600x450.jpg
00q0q_3awrj0cRrkS_600x450.jpg
00P0P_6SAkk0eEzy_600x450.jpg
01313_9YVycYi12iT_600x450.jpg
00l0l_4G1j0OiPq3y_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1966 BUICK RIVIERA GS

VERY SOLID BODY, 465 WILD CAT NAIL HEAD, BUCKET SEATS, CONSOLE SHIFT. THIS CAR NEEDS FULL INTERIOR. AND THE MOTOR IS SEIZED. PLEASE E-MAIL WITH A PHONE NUMBER AND QUESTIONS. THANKS

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/federal-way-1966-buick-riviera-465/6995583820.html

1966 Buick Riviera 465 Nailhead - $9000

1966 1966 Buick Riviera

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
odometer: 89000
paint color: blue
size: full-size
type: coupe

QR Code Link to This Post

Very nice 1966 Buick Riviera with the last year of the coveted Nailhead V8. A true vintage American Muscle car. 360hp!!! 465 ftlb torque !!! 89k original miles, reflected on title and odometer. This car is a runner driver that does both exceptionally well. She’s always down for a neighborhood stroll or a highway leg stretch.

All original, no aftermarket garbage. Collectors plate included! Even have the original paper owners manual in the glove box and a dealer service manual for help with any maintenance requirements should they arise

Original Blue vinyl interior in good shape. No cracks in the dash and switches all do what they’re supposed to. The only thing I can’t get to work is the radio but it is the stock one.

She has been garage kept. Did an oil change on her about 300 miles ago with Lucas Oil with Zinc for her flat tappet cam lifters. Had a tune up with a new fuel filter and spark plugs. Starts easy. She runs like a dream. Especially since I treat her to only clear gas without ethanol. Kept on a battery tender.

New tires bought last year with well over 95% of their life left. She’s been driven like a baby.

Has a few minor bumps and bruises but nothing that can’t be looked past on her land yacht body.

Run and drive her as is, or get a huge head start on a resto.

Open to offers. No trades. Cash talks. I do NOT need help selling this car. Add still up means she’s available. Email me for contact details.

Sunset Sage. Code V-76*   *Exclusive Riviera color.

I could be all over this if it weren't for the vinyl top.

Here's another one from the internet but with full skirts.  The vinyl top looks better in white - IMHO.  But what would the car look like with no vinyl top.

001.jpg.a65691b962703b85facb1febafc549ed.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.8a40d15b5aa337c5aadc74b98c7f2d55.jpg

"Dusty Pink"?  Doesn't sound masculine enough to be a Riviera color. 😄

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

3 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Awesome color!

Yea, I've seen a lot of Rivs over the years but will never forget a 71 I saw locally that was Sunset Sage way back around 1986. It was beautiful and I wanted it but was into 67s at time and only room to store one, not to mention poor as a church mouse. I know it could be considered a little bit girlish of a color but it sure makes a statement and its not often seen.

This 70 in that color, floor shift, and short skirts black top and white interior is eye catching.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

"Dusty Pink"?  Doesn't sound masculine enough to be a Riviera color

My "Aqua Mist" Riv isn't a very "masculine" color either but the car still looks like it can eat Nissans, Toyotas and Hondas for lunch!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

Mike,  

Looks can be deceiving. You've apparently not been paying attention to the technology that's made it's way into today's cars.  Fuel injection, variable valve timing, 6 speed transmissions, etc.  I found these stats on the internet.  1968 Buick Riviera 0 to 60 times @ 7.0 seconds with 360 hp.  2018 Honda Accord 0 to 60 @ 5.6 seconds with 212 hp.  2018 Toypta Camry 0 to 60 @ 5.8 with a top speed of 138 mph with 203 hp.  Watch who you take on at the next red light.  Make sure you just smile at the guy in the Tesla. 😁

6 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Mike,  

You've apparently not been paying attention to the technology that's made it's way into today's cars.  Fuel injection, variable valve timing, 6 speed transmissions, etc.  I found these stats on the internet.  1968 Buick Riviera 0 to 60 times @ 7.0 seconds with 360 hp.  2018 Honda Accord 0 to 60 @ 5.6 seconds with 212 hp.  2018 Toypta Camry 0 to 60 @ 5.8 with a top speed of 138 mph with 203 hp.  Watch who you take on at the next red light.  Make sure you just smile at the guy in the Tesla. 😁

Ed, you take my response WAY to literally. Yes I agree new cars out perform our old cars.

With the exception of Tesla and some of the Super Cars currently out there, I still think my Riviera's "Cool Factor" far exceeds any new car our there.

If you don't agree, that's your prerogative, but don't piss on my personal opinion of my own car.

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

2 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Yea, I've seen a lot of Rivs over the years but will never forget a 71 I saw locally that was Sunset Sage way back around 1986. It was beautiful and I wanted it but was into 67s at time and only room to store one, not to mention poor as a church mouse. I know it could be considered a little bit girlish of a color but it sure makes a statement and its not often seen.

This 70 in that color, floor shift, and short skirts black top and white interior is eye catching.

Kind of like the Coral Mist from 1964.

64-Buick_Riviera-DV-11-SJ_01-800.jpg.39141d50c86081554cf0a107483b6e7d.jpg

It's funny that this topic  comes up now as I have a couple deals pending for a one owner 63 Lesabre convertible ( rose mist poly ) and a  one owner 1970'Toronado ( regency rose). Not sure either will come to fruition as owners are pretty proud of them. Personally I love the color  girlish or not !  I do favor the white top on both rather than black but that 70 Riviera but it is a very striking car . 

KReed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Ken, 

Besides finding a proper rear window valance if the one with the vinyl top is stamped to look like vinyl, what would be involved in removing a vinyl top from that 70 Riviera?  Are there a bunch of molding holes that would have to be filled?  I've had three 2nd generation Rivieras but none with a vinyl top so I'm not familiar with the trim. Like the shorter skirts as well

I like that convertible too!  

In high school, a good friend of mine had a 57 Chevy painted Evening Orchid, a very similar color.  His car had a black interior.

13 hours ago, kreed said:

It's funny that this topic  comes up now as I have a couple deals pending for a one owner 63 Lesabre convertible ( rose mist poly ) and a  one owner 1970'Toronado ( regency rose). Not sure either will come to fruition as owners are pretty proud of them. Personally I love the color  girlish or not !  I do favor the white top on both rather than black but that 70 Riviera but it is a very striking car . 

KReed

ROA 14549

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's a nice Toronado!  And it's a rare GT to boot.  I'm with you, I have no issue with the color at all.  Would like this one better if the interior was the same color as the roof but I would take it in a heartbeat.

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

Ken, 

Besides finding a proper rear window valance if the one with the vinyl top is stamped to look like vinyl, what would be involved in removing a vinyl top from that 70 Riviera?  Are there a bunch of molding holes that would have to be filled?  I've had three 2nd generation Rivieras but none with a vinyl top so I'm not familiar with the trim. Like the shorter skirts as well

I like that convertible too!  

In high school, a good friend of mine had a 57 Chevy painted Evening Orchid, a very similar color.  His car had a black interior.

Ed, the 1970 didn't have the vents below the rear window.  

3 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Ed, the 1970 didn't have the vents below the rear window.  

Thanks, that would make it easier to remove the vinyl top.  That car, with the short skirts, white interior, and Sunset Sage paint, has been niggling in the back of my mind.  Gonna have to check it out a little deeper.  I need something that's different.  My current "fleet" of common colors (black, claret, silver, and white) just dosen't stand out in a crowd.

Ed

5 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Thanks, that would make it easier to remove the vinyl top.  That car, with the short skirts, white interior, and Sunset Sage paint, has been niggling in the back of my mind.  Gonna have to check it out a little deeper.  I need something that's different.  My current "fleet" of common colors (black, claret, silver, and white) just dosen't stand out in a crowd.

Ed

Notice the panels behind the interior door handles.  They are black but should be white.  Maybe some owner did that or?  I always liked the 1970 and I prefer the short fender skirts as well.  Go for it Ed!!

17 minutes ago, psychostang said:

I am typically a purist but I like the grill treatment on this car.  Note the silver frost areas are blacked out as well as the vertical grill bars.  It gives the car a wider stance.  Nice!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, J3Studio said:

Lovely Claret Red Metallic 1991 Riviera with red leather bucket seats and 26,000 miles on cars.com, asking $11,500.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/786834659/overview/

image.png.2d62ec63130c532c989124a7775310b8.png

Now listed in Hemmings—same price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

I guess it’s nice to be quoted, but isn’t the Riview copyrighted?

Short quotes with full attribution are generally okay, but this isn't that. Makes me wonder why I try so hard when I write.

• Haha 1