Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

I'm willing to try to start an ongoing thread that would alert any prospective buyers to what I would call deals on earlier Rivieras that a person might not otherwise find.  I'd also think that it could be used to ask others who are looking to see what's in areas to which they don't have access unless they're willing to look at every city that has a Craigslist.

Don't post anything other than a title and a link.  You're not responsible for anything other than letting others know what's out there.  It's up to them to make contact and get details.

I'll start with this one: a 1966 Gran Sport in Cole Camp, Missouri (Central close to the Lake of the Ozarks.)

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5822062304.html

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 5

It is a pity it has been let go, that 66 is a desirable car with bucket seats and centre console, just how they should be!

A great parts car or an awesome project for someone. ( but not me!)

Since I started looking at Craigslist I have been very entertained by the pictures of cars the sellers post. (My kids say I am a little too easy to entertain.)

I keep seeing picture and thinking "Couldn't you just move that car three feet so it's not sunk in the ground?" Then I get to wishing I had saved some of the sunken treasures or the interiors full of trash and garbage.

October 2nd I created a folder called "Sunk In". Thank you! I have added another picture.

Bernie

Sunk In contributions welcomed at bernie@berniedaily.com

For those of you who may be looking for something unique to the Riviera world, here's a picture of a '75 Riviera with the webs in the rally wheels painted red from the factory.

It's on the Appleton, WI Craigslist but you'll have to misspell Riviera to find it.  Type in Riveria.  That spelling plus 'buick rivera' will get you untold results you won't get by spelling it correctly.

48K; not a bad ride for $2,500.

• Like 2

1963 Buick Riviera with 401 Nail Head - $3800 (Springfield Taxachusetts)

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5798270997.html

1971 Buick Riviera GS - $15000 (west barnstable)

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5808144844.html

1968 Buick Riviera - price reduced - $12500 (West Springfield)

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5771334435.html

Will do.  It will depend on what kind of reaction it gets.  If we were to post every Riviera for sale across the continent, it would be very busy.  If we only list projects, and what we'd consider to be good deals, then it might not be as popular.  Time will tell.  Thanks for your considerations.

Ed

3 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

Finally, a car I can afford and want to won. Love the color, originality.  I would need someone local to go check it out because I am in Iowa. 

Agree -- this one seems like a bargain for someone looking for a 2nd gen!  ;)

7 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

Pat

This kind of project - 10-15 years ago - would have been sold yesterday.  Today's culture devalues these projects because it would take $50,000 to restore a $15,000 car. But man, that is so tempting.  I would do a color change, to a dark plum or such.   Supposedly, this car could be parted for $2000 or so.

My concern with any Riviera like this is who does the upholstery?  Those buckets and rear seats - are they being kit reproduced or do you have to get  shop to do them? 

OPGI sells a fantastic deluxe set. Dead on perfect. (Black, anyway) I can send ya pics.

Don't know about the other colors.

Edited by PWB
typo (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Imperial62 said:

My concern with any Riviera like this is who does the upholstery?  Those buckets and rear seats - are they being kit reproduced or do you have to get  shop to do them? 

I've found that you can usually find a competent upholster in most cities that can easily replicate any interior if they have something from which to work.  If there's anything left of the original, then they can reproduce what you need.  I've found it easier / less expensive to sometimes just have the panels that are worn replaced rather than going for a complete re-po kit.

On my '65, only the "seat buns" are worn.  I got a quote to replace only those panels and use the backs and sides from the originals and it was much cheaper than buying a complete kit.

3 hours ago, BuickBoss said:

These make really nice drivers, especially on the highway.   This one is equipped with a 403 Oldsmobile engine (6.6 liter), TH400 transmission, and rear wheel drive.

Edited by RivNut
effing predictive text (see edit history)

Guest Dialtone

Next thing on your agenda is to turn that battery 180° so the positive battery terminal is not so close to the inner panel on the hood. Yikes if they make contact - blows the whole wiring harness and everything attachedone,

The U in the task bar is 'on' making everything underlined.

Ed

Sometimes it doesn't damage the harness. The car just shuts off when the post welds to the hood. Then when you get out to open the hood, you get to the front corner and there is this big "Boom". Then liquid runs out of the bottom of the car just ahead of the left front wheel.

Back before cell phones you had to leave your wife and new born baby in the car (he's 34 now) and find a phone to call a friend with a chain.

That is one of a few ways I know how to blow up a battery.

My Wife only knows two and doesn't know the full details of either.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 6:28 PM, EmTee said:

The Riviera XX is back -- discounted $1000 from the price when it was last listed this summer.  Tempting...

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/5839340371.html

In case you hadn't noticed,  this car has had the bumper fillers replaced with one of the early kits.  You'll notice joints in the centers of the corner pieces which totally ruins the lines of the car.  The newer kits are one piece.  The paint scheme was not continued properly on these fillers.  My thoughts.  They did this because the three color stripe decall is no longer available.

Ed

Yes Ed, I did see the fillers are not original.  Even though the stripe tape is not available I don't know why they didn't at least properly paint the beige where it belongs.  I'm sure someone could paint stripe to replicate the tape on the fillers.  As you noted before, the 1 of 502 is a double-edged sword.  With exclusivity comes impossible to find parts.  I do like the wheel and interior treatment on the XX though.  As far as collectability is concerned they seem to be fairly flat.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) I don't have the space nor the means to take on another 'dependent' right now...  :unsure:

Was able to snag the 66 in Cole Camp - it is the real deal GS with MW 425 , BS transmission, and Positraction rear end . I needed the fan shroud, 4 note horns, chrome single snorkel air cleaner  and a few other things for my restoration . Car had literally been sitting for 34 years in same place on the farm after 2nd owner broke a tie rod and didn't have time/money to fix it . Has 63,000 miles . Trim pieces and front bumper are good. Rear bumper has a ding that is repairable . Console is not cracked and shifter is complete . Front seat buckets are all there . If anyone needs parts , let me know and I am sure we can work out something . 

Ken Reed 

ROA 14549

• Like 1