Jump to content

Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.


Recommended Posts

On 5/14/2020 at 8:03 AM, cjp69 said:

 

 

Good luck today Rich, fingers crossed for a happy ending! 

 

No sale on the auction at $18,250, before the 5% buyer's fee. I didn't need to sell it but if it had gotten to at least $20,000, I would have been OK with letting it go. Truth is I had been working on the listing for quite a few months with them, and trying to sort out some details, and had already paid the $99 entry fee, so I figured I might as well see what happens. Happy to keep it!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul from PA said:

I often wondered what the fee schedule was for BAT. Now I and others know. Thank you.

 

 

Actually I think it's $249 if you haven't listed before but they make it $99 for returning customers. The best part is the buyer pays the 5% commission, not the seller, which makes it a good deal for a seller. The way the bidding works too, the buyer's fee is charged on the credit card the second the auction ends. This means whoever wins is a LOT less likely to flake out and not buy the car (which seems to be a big issue on eBay).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kreed said:

Trying to find the contact for this owner but no luck - might go look at this car . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

KReed, I saw that on instagram yesterday. I believe the owner is listed under buicktorque. You might give that a shot if your on ig. Good luck👍 I love silver/black cars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kreed said:

Trying to find the contact for this owner but no luck - might go look at this car . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

 

It appears that James Donlan is Wemark's Restoration. If that is the vehicle you are talking about. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.37.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.37.34 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chimera said:

 

It appears that James Donlan is Wemark's Restoration. If that is the vehicle you are talking about. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.37.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.37.34 PM.png

 

I don't know who James Donlan is, but Jeremy Wemark can be reached at 563-203-7547. I can contact Donlan on Facebook if you want.

Jim

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jim and Gabriel - I actually know Jeremy having bought a 66 Riviera parts car from him about 5 years ago . Didn’t know he was in the restoration business now. I’ll give him a call. Appreciate the help .Ken 

KReed

ROA 14549

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked to Jeremy last night - apparently a real deal GS . He’s sending me more pics today - probably will go look at it this weekend. Like I need another project !😀 Wife is skeptical 
KReed

ROA 14549


 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kreed said:

Talked to Jeremy last night - apparently a real deal GS . He’s sending me more pics today - probably will go look at it this weekend. Like I need another project !😀 Wife is skeptical 
KReed

ROA 14549


 

 

Great! Keep us posted.

 

Jim

Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 11, 2020 at 6:10 PM, Seafoam65 said:

                            I recently saw some wheels on a 68 Riviera that were rechromed in the Dallas area and they were absolutely magnificent.......I'll ask the

owner who did them and get back to you. They were the nicest looking chrome rallye wheels I've ever laid an eyeball on.

Got lots more pictures from Jeremy . He said he might post them but is listing the car in other venues as well. It is apparently a complete numbers matching silver mist poly GS ( Code WW with 618 interior) with the MW code 425 . The brakes are locked up and he can't get under it to verify BS tranny or posi rear end . Strato bench seats, AC , manual windows and antenna , AM radio, power seat, spreadbore carb, correct GS air cleaner. Motor is not froze up . . Floor pans are toast in passenger compartment and trunk , quarters and A-pillars very bad , headliner and ail panels falling out. It possibly could be restored but would take $$$$ . He is asking 4 K . He's a great guy with good knowledge of Riviera's so give him a call at the number above  if interested . I'm gonna pass . 

KReed

ROA 14549

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, kreed said:

Talked to Jeremy last night - apparently a real deal GS . He’s sending me more pics today - probably will go look at it this weekend. Like I need another project !😀 Wife is skeptical 
KReed

ROA 14549


 

  She`s smart....looks too rusty...4K parts car?

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/vancouver-1969-buick-riviera-project-car/7133280312.html

 

1969 Buick Riviera project car - $800 (Vancouver)

image 9 of 21
1
00B0B_hwa739odT2z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00d0d_jPOrHTs1Jkj_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00G0G_ciIkGLgaYY8_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00C0C_goEIhQjrWEq_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00b0b_16yCt2Vvy31_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00s0s_bfnAmTTtR5L_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00J0J_ewCdleKVfdR_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00g0g_5CVrBMnFZMi_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00000_bmBcxvcexCG_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00C0C_c1ZEXrWb2Zg_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00q0q_2QFm41K5t2P_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00V0V_74T9KnzXnTE_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00u0u_6gCbLtrMtIA_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00p0p_cNN55FwGVt1_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00B0B_gdQzfQl0mKW_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
01111_2XmdP8gojyE_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00D0D_bRugEQdf9zE_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00K0K_5WF4cdPL8eH_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00L0L_80qwE5asqFn_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00t0t_ajCEFL6GcDj_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1969 Buick Riviera

cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
title status: missing
transmission: automatic

Selling a mostly complete 1969 Riviera project car. I do not have a title for it. I acquired it about 3 years ago and it has just sat in my indoor storage until recently. Now stored outside. Looks like the original 430 engine is still in it. I have not tried to turn the motor over. The radiator is missing. Appears to be fairly solid. Front bench seat is out of a newer model. Just dropped the price to $800, so holding firm. Email or call/text.
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Anyone need a 3.42 posi?

Can anyone tell f this is a 68 or 69. I'm thinking 69.

 

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/d/pittsburgh-1968-buick-riviera/7131994233.html

1966? Buick Riviera GS contact Mike M-F 9-5
425 Demo Derby

 

 

 

691.jpg

692.jpg

693.jpg

 

The dashboard, door panel configurations and upholstery pattern indicate that it is a 68.

 

Headrests were standard in 69 and optional in 68.

 

Jim Vesely

ROA #7437

BCA 39477

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Anyone need a 3.42 posi?

Can anyone tell f this is a 68 or 69. I'm thinking 69.

 

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/d/pittsburgh-1968-buick-riviera/7131994233.html

1966? Buick Riviera GS contact Mike M-F 9-5
425 Demo Derby

 

 

 

691.jpg

692.jpg

693.jpg

It is a 1968.  Steering wheel, brushed aluminum trim on dash, roller switches, door panels, etc. are different than 1969.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/smock-1963-buick-riviera/7134339356.html

 

1963 Buick Riviera - $30500 (Smock, Pa.)

image 2 of 14
1
00m0m_eKy76THO122_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00t0t_6K0jBcLyxXf_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00p0p_jh08xquTWC9_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00H0H_2DWNhoxTijA_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00E0E_62I171XfqL3_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_f4Ob4u4KSK_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00s0s_4uZE5ud7NHq_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00D0D_4B5yIfTZTTN_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00P0P_947SLFRDrnz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00m0m_2d9QX0iKJVr_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00h0h_dtkDKJhsYXr_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00303_d3rJpdGQqfw_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00f0f_dHGlYXOKtNO_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1963 buick riviera

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 91000
paint color: red
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

1963 Buick Riviera, 91k on odometer, less than 3,000 miles since restoration.
401 cu. in. engine with twin turbo automatic transmission.
Burgundy exterior with Deluxe Saddle interior, all interior trim rechromed.
Sport riviera wheels / white letter tires.
Never any rust / California car. All options, p/s, p/b, p/w, p/s, a/c, cruise.
Tint glass
2 year since full restoration.

Over $40,000 invested. My loss your gain.
Asking $30,500 / reasonable offers considered
Call Russ, cell @ 7 two 4 - three 2 three - 3 two 1 two
Will not answer text messages / only phone calls
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's going to tell him the engine is painted the wrong color?  Anyone else think that when restoring a 63 or 64 that rally wheels detract from the total package?  Wire covers or cast wheel covers look just as good and more appropriate. Where do all of these rally wheels come from anyway. Seems like everyone and his brother has a a set. 😊

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Who's going to tell him the engine is painted the wrong color?  Anyone else think that when restoring a 63 or 64 that rally wheels detract from the total package?  Wire covers or cast wheel covers look just as good and more appropriate. Where do all of these rally wheels come from anyway. Seems like everyone and his brother has a a set. 😊

 

My rule is always that wheels and tires are easy to fix and shouldn't be a big concern as long as no other changes were made for fitment. Regarding the engine color, I just don't get it—but I see it all the time (and absolutely not just on Rivieras). The information is readily available and a quick consult with this forum would have gotten the restorer quite close on the color formulation:

 

 

But, you see this often—so much trouble taken in so many areas along with a few flat-out misses.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, J3Studio said:

 

My rule is always that wheels and tires are easy to fix and shouldn't be a big concern as long as no other changes were made for fitment.

The opinion about to be stated is mine and mine alone, maybe.  I've been to a lot of ROA meets where 63 and 64 cars with rally wheels are entered into the "stock" class.  Because they offer some 'bling" they often will be the factor in choosing which car looks better to you and other voters.  In my opinion, the use of later wheels should put the car into a modified class.  Just my thoughts.  No need for discussion, just an observation.  But a seller should not try to sell such a car as being 100% "correct."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it was a low optioned vehicle. Except for the rare cloth seats.

She probably inherited it then flipped it quick for the cash, I'll bet.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/271632050873367/

 

Seller's description

1973 Buick Riviera boat tail. Survivor 455ci 4bbl. 70,000 miles. All originaI. Always garaged. I have gone through the car this week after it was shipped from Montana. It was my late dad's car and I wanted to make sure I had gone through everything before I sold it. I just changed the oil and filter. Put in a new air filter. I lubed the front end. I just installed a new alternator and belt because the voltage had a low reading. The only thing that does not work on the car is the air conditioning. I've been driving the car around for the last week and it drives like a dream. The engine starts right up and has real good power when you hit the gas. The car drives beautifully and handles real well. Nothing has been done to it physically except for routine maintenance. I have the original build sheet and a clean title. I have all paper work that's been done on the car since 1995. I believe this car is worth $16k. Price to sell at $11,500. Firm. No low ballers

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cjp69 said:

Seller's description

1973 Buick Riviera boat tail. Survivor 455ci 4bbl. 70,000 miles. All originaI. Always garaged. I have gone through the car this week after it was shipped from Montana. It was my late dad's car and I wanted to make sure I had gone through everything before I sold it. I just changed the oil and filter. Put in a new air filter. I lubed the front end. I just installed a new alternator and belt because the voltage had a low reading. The only thing that does not work on the car is the air conditioning. I've been driving the car around for the last week and it drives like a dream. The engine starts right up and has real good power when you hit the gas. The car drives beautifully and handles real well. Nothing has been done to it physically except for routine maintenance. I have the original build sheet and a clean title. I have all paper work that's been done on the car since 1995. I believe this car is worth $16k. Price to sell at $11,500. Firm. No low ballers

 

 

WOW

 

That cars a steal if theres no rust!

If it were closer I'd be checking her out!

Is it becoming a buyers market???

 

Image may contain: car

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 9:39 AM, kreed said:

No response to message. Contact info has now been removed . Suspicious .....
KReed

ROA 14549

 

She's selling it for her stepdad. His name is Steve, 608-438-4929.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, kreed said:

Yes she contacted me yesterday with that info . Will give them a call. Thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

Talked to Steve at number in previous posts. Very nice guy who is motivated to sell this car. I’m not interested  but am posting a few pictures with his permission . He said to feel free to call him. Phone 608 438-4929
KReed

ROA 14549

D4D06319-526D-46FB-A5A7-3A5132F308EB.jpeg

C475576A-51B8-4AB4-BFEE-B442C6EEC44A.jpeg

98FD6CDD-0F8B-46D9-8021-5AD360F1DFD1.jpeg

03BA2939-56B5-4B46-A704-B4E3839E824F.jpeg

61792438-FEA3-4C17-8C2B-C8CB5E137945.jpeg

28212165-FF27-471A-999B-54F98DB0CD70.jpeg

5908018A-76EB-42BB-9428-3F4D3D21E5E6.jpeg

5AE2013E-BC10-4CA1-B674-119DCA290539.jpeg

4890893F-1C3C-4316-A722-7B823BDAFC48.jpeg

615067FA-9CA0-4D09-A3D8-D204914D502A.jpeg

D4B81719-3332-4DC3-AAAB-428132CEAE82.jpeg

99A89758-A2A0-47DA-B217-FA933566C5B1.jpeg

F8F5DC92-5806-4F33-939E-AFEF391B7F7E.jpeg

C599AB8D-742D-49E6-B3F2-92D47D0F2AF8.jpeg

05AF7579-64A5-406C-9E01-0B702A23C23A.jpeg

DFC9ACE8-FAB2-4941-9C69-9C8CA7B8EA86.jpeg

1C9CABB5-1024-4484-867E-A81586C42F9F.jpeg

3E49D206-8C59-4D39-BFBA-E55267C93651.jpeg

0DE3040C-3CEF-4342-B4D7-DA83950A49C5.jpeg

3B5C9DA5-94FC-46EE-A5A2-9712BA1DCFE1.jpeg

BB2B29C8-CDFC-4ACB-AD4F-A876D234BB96.jpeg

978DB378-D2F5-46AF-AA89-68D606237A32.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RivNut changed the title to Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...