Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

Not a car but I know there are lots of guys looking for a nice set of wire wheel covers.  

https://wausau.craigslist.org/pts/5948085247.html

Ed,

Thanks for the plug. Those are my covers which I had offered to members on the forum previously, have them also on e-bay and as Ed pointed out on Craigslist. The Craigslist price is cheaper than e-bay and the forum price is cheaper than both of those. A person has committed to buying them on e-bay but, it is going on 3 days and I have seen no money. If anyone is interested, let me know because I have a feeling the deal on e-bay will fall through. I also have 2 other nice single covers for sale. Price wise the same holds true for these covers as I stated for the set of 4. I will refresh that thread.

Bill

Edited by Riviera63
add more info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RivNut said:

This is a picture of the transmission from my '65 Gran Sport.  The only difference between this one and one for a 1966 Gran Sport would be that 1966 would be stamped into the plate instead of 1965.

T1965_Riviera_GS_pictures_(14).jpg

1966 plate is yellow also,

Tom

Not on Craigslist but a couple on ebay for the '78 fans ...

Low mile, nice car, it has been on ebay before, maybe it didn't sell then either?

1978 Buick Riviera LXXV ANNIVERSARY EDITION

5890957922360_7820Buick20Riviera20black002_zpsdg1kjuig.thumb.jpg.be385bfb32456807c7bb08adf7657dd7.jpg

Lots of pic of this one, it looks pretty clean and only has 35K on it.

Another one, not quite as nice, has 87K on it ...

1978 Buick Riviera LXXV Anniversary Edition Coupe 2-Door

58909666d61b6_s-l1600-1978LXXV-20170131.thumb.jpg.2dc167b434a7843a30093686efa55470.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/pts/5979711270.html not a car but parts, and this is not me.

(update 2-4-17)1965 Buick Riviera parts have all trim inside and outside. Back seats and one bucket front seat it's passanger seat want 500 for seats. have deluxe door panels with electric switches all panels for 250 includes the back seat panels too with switches. Console 75. Air cleaner sold.. front bumper 75 and back bumper sold HeadlightClamshell left side only has very small missing piece other then that no cracks it opens and closes nice it has buckets for lights. 125 .the other 3 clamshells headlights are cracked on based can have for 75 .I do have set in good condition with headlights and buckets and wire harness sold them have glass just windshield sold and back window 125.. hood spears want 75 .. got 2 sets of hub caps want 60 a set exhaust manifold s 160 for the pair.or trade for Chevy 396 exhaust manifold s..there other miscellaneous parts.. remote mirror driver side 75.. taillights complete..bezel has some pitting needs re chrome the lens has a small crack line. 150. parking bezels it's being re chrome nice pair 175.. cowl vents 100.. power antenna sold bunch miscellaneous horns75 front seat belts black.75. bezels for panels driver and passenger..transmission kick down switch 100.. windshield wipers truck stainless 75 . window back trim 100 nice piece needs a bit polished to make look great no dent or Bents.. other odd piece take a look I can take a better picture if you want a particular part seen in table.
.. trunk release parts 110.set buckets for clamshells lights 30..ac control unit 75..no car no doors no grill.no hood. No fenders.. no trunk... just parts...I have more parts and trim I need to go through will keep posting as I'm cleaning up. Remember this parts are original and are NOT mint or NOS they will need some polish or re chrome. But this parts solid cores for re chroming can see only on weekend.. parts for sale.moving and don't need this parts no more. Original radiator 75..
Will trade for Chevy parts looking for 396 big block parts exhaust manifold s oil pan. Valve covers. Timing cover. intake manifold. No cast prefer aluminum. . email me your phone. And will call and give you address to come by see the parts.. Saturday andSunday.. . yes I do look at my emails and I will respond back appropriate time matter.. thanks for looking.

00r0r_4mIQAyBmIFC_600x450.jpg

I am not sure of that. But here are a couple of sites that may help.

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/speedometer-gear-calculator/

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/ring_and_pinions/what_gear_ratio_do_i_have_in_my_gm_or_chevrolet.html

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/calibrating-speedometer

http://www.tciauto.com/tc/transmission-accessories/speedometer-gearshtml/

Also ebay has a 40, 41 and a 42 tooth speedo gear for the ST400 trans for sale now. Only $39.99 each. What gear do you have now ?

Edited by still looking (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, EmTee said:

V8 power?  I wonder if anyone has ever tried stuffing a G8 or Northstar drivetrain into one of these...

Yes, GM did it several years ago. It was in their collection for a while, sold at auction, and now owned by an ROA member. You can see the story in Vol 32, No. 3, Pg 20-21.

Meant to add a picture of it, you can't really see the engine, but it's a Northstar in it.

P7300022.thumb.JPG.2aed5f90f1f105188b2df3123a27fe7b.JPG

Edited by Rivman
added pic (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rivman said:

Actually, not a bad price, and a good-looking Riv. Not overdone and low miles.

Even though I have NO need, if that was closer, I might just have went to take a look. 

I thought it was a real nice car too especially for this area. Appears that someone took great care of it. Put some chromies on it and it would look very attractive.

C'mon Randall you can squeeze another one in the herd. Its only an hour from me, I'll go look at it for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

I thought it was a real nice car too especially for this area. Appears that someone took great care of it. Put some chromies on it and it would look very attractive.

C'mon Randall you can squeeze another one in the herd. Its only an hour from me, I'll go look at it for you.

With it so close, you could go take a look at it for YOU!

Just be sure to look at the sub-frames on both ends, they are prone to rot in the rust belt areas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 8:21 AM, PWB said:

Real nice '66 with shorty consolette:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5998538081.html

Wow, nice car. Love the jade green interior in `66. This interior is screaming for a wood grain wheel although the original looks to be in nice shape. Who can tell me what the switch on the lower left hand dash is for? Seems to me I remember this car on Ebay a couple of years ago? Belongs to an ROA member? Nice car and very fairly priced ...

Tom

9 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Wow, nice car. Love the jade green interior in `66. This interior is screaming for a wood grain wheel although the original looks to be in nice shape. Who can tell me what the switch on the lower left hand dash is for? Seems to me I remember this car on Ebay a couple of years ago? Belongs to an ROA member? Nice car and very fairly priced ...

Tom

I see it has a guidematic eye on the front cowl. Not too familiar with them but usually 66 should be mounted on the dash pad and a different style sensor. That looks like a 67 Guidematic eye and maybe that's the switch for it.

I just found this pic. look at switch. Sorta looks like it huh? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Buick-Electra-225-Riviera-Skylark-GS-OEM-Delco-Guide-Matic-Headlight-Dimmer-/141818463554

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

3 hours ago, JZRIV said:

I see it has a guidematic eye on the front cowl. Not too familiar with them but usually 66 should be mounted on the dash pad and a different style sensor. That looks like a 67 Guidematic eye and maybe that's the switch for it.

I just found this pic. look at switch. Sorta looks like it huh? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Buick-Electra-225-Riviera-Skylark-GS-OEM-Delco-Guide-Matic-Headlight-Dimmer-/141818463554

s-l1600.jpg

Correct!!! That is a `67 Guidematic retrofitted to this `66. Guidematic is an option very rarely seen on a `66. Dealer installed only

Tom

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Hi All,

I bought the '66 Riviera in post #185 about 6 years ago on eBay and sold it in early 2016.

Jason's post #187 and Tom's post #189 are correct. I rarely drove the car at night but the Guidematic

worked, although I was more comfortable using the dimmer switch on the floor.

For those ROA members, the car was featured in the Riview  - Jan/Feb 2014.

Rich

Edited by Our67Rivi
reference error (see edit history)

Rich,

Oh yes that stunning photo taken of car along the coast on the 17 mile Drive in Monterey! Perfect colors for that setting. That was Volume 30 #1 for ROA members who want to look it up on the website in past Riviews. Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 5:55 PM, JZRIV said:

s-l1600.jpg

Didnt review the exterior pics after posting my "quiz" question or before Jason`s post but just did...the tech at the dealer must not have been paying attention as I believe the installation instructions call for the sensor to be mounted on the driver`s side cowl panel, not in the middle as this car displays. Nice car....

Tom

2 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Didnt review the exterior pics after posting my "quiz" question or before Jason`s post but just did...the tech at the dealer must not have been paying attention as I believe the installation instructions call for the sensor to be mounted on the driver`s side cowl panel, not in the middle as this car displays. Nice car....

Tom

Sure looks like a '67 knob style. Where does the knob install?  Cool trick but not very aesthetic. War of the Worlds B)

f9c05cf23b69712f25e5b31831af805a.jpg

Keywords - "harsh upsate winters" "extensive metal work"

Unfortunately those salty winters affect more than the body sheet metal. The chassis probably has crustaceans and rust barnacles. Sounds like he is willing to negotiate and may have to considerably. Finish and paint body $10k min. Add costs of going through the drive train, brakes, exhaust, transmission, and who knows what the chrome trim is like. If its original trim can't be too good. Easily $20k to get it decent,safe, and driving reliably plus buyer has to put something back together someone else took apart. No fun even when you have labeled bags and parts. 

Agree it seems like project with potential on surface. If only it wasn't from rust belt. Its definitely worth looking at if someone is local. If it has buckets/floor shift that would be a help.

I don't know that I've ever seen someone put a 350 in a Riv. Nice upper rad hose. On the 70 ad, people have been confusing vinyl with leather in these cars as long as I can remember. The second 67 I bought back in 1981 the "original owner" persisted it was leather upholstery.

00909_oXDfnxaKpx_600x450.jpg

Edited by JZRIV
Ad pic (see edit history)
  • Like 1