Sign in to follow this  
detroitsoul

Chrome?

I'm having pretty good luck with Advanced Plating in Nashville, TN.  Several years ago, I also had some very nice work from Metal Finishing Company in Indianapolis.

• Like 1

Just remember that you always get what you pay for with chrome plating. Quality work will always cost more.

Sometimes the work is not worth the extra cost also.

I have had plating done by Paul's, the Finishing Touch and Courtesy. If the part is pot metal and needs a lot of work, I prefer Paul's or the Finishing Touch. If it is in good shape or steel, I prefer Courtesy, due to his better pricing structure and quick turnaround.

I have had parts done by others that were just as expensive as Paul's and the Finishing Touch and sent the parts back and told the owners that he could keep the parts, as they were ruined beyond saving, just refund my money.

• Like 1

I sure do appreciate all the feedback.  Sounds like I'm gonna have to dig deep.  My Zephyr is in fair condition and most of the chrome is pitted or scarred.  The headlight trim on the one light is greenish. 

Thanks!

Smitty's Chrome Oshkosh NE did good job at fair price maybe a bit slow, will work with pot metal.

I had real good service and quality work reasonable price on pot metal and chrome on my 1942 from Dan's Polishing Shop  Adamsville, Tn. 38310 731 632-0103

• Like 1