WTK extra carb arm DRT-08

3 hours ago, Reg Evans said:

Is that for the throttle cable from the dash ?

Yes, it is for the dash throttle cable. If that carburetor has the vertical tube style accelerator pump on the other side, it MIGHT work for a 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6. Carbking may have told you that there are LOTS of applications for the DRT-08 depending on the jet sizes, I guess. Are you keeping that carb?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

He did mention the many applications and hand throttle . I did not know separate hand throttles cabled to carb as mine goes to linkage . Here is other view . The throttle pump is missing ,but overall is good with no rust , a little of original tag under screw but choke frozen . I'am not sure I bought to use a display or trade for (D)RJH-08 228s for my '31 truck with PA =UT engine .  Any one have a pic of that hookup hand cable ?carb side2.jpg

A long time ago, when I had lots of free time, I started to do a major article on the various Carter brass bowl updraft carbs. I got busy, and that article got put on the back burner. But from my notes, there are at least 20 different styles or types of brass bowl updraft carbs (ie. DRT-08, RX-0, RAJH-08, etc.) and more than 230 different carburetors.

If one has the original Carter literature, the easiest way to BEGIN identification of one of these is to look at the number stamped on the multiple jet nozzle. This can be done by: removing the bowl retaining nut, and reading the number on the nozzle, which is directly above the nut. A strong light, a strong glass, and a pair of "young eyes" are quite useful in reading this number.

Unfortunately, about 30 years ago, there was an older gentleman "rebuilding" Carter brass bowl carburetors; and his philosophy was "if the part fits, it is the right part"! Thus there are quite a few brass bowl Carters around that do not have the proper calibration, and getting the number of the multiple nozzle doesn't help with the identification. This is true of the multiple nozzle in the carburetor in this thread.

The carbs, up to about 1930, were identified by a red cardboard tag. I think I have only ever seen one complete red cardboard tag, so good luck on finding one of these. Approximately 1930, Carter started using triangular brass tags on the brass bowl carbs, and occasionally, one will find one of these. The three most commonly found are 136s (Chevrolet), 150s (Chevrolet), and 209s (Plymouth).

Jon.

• 1 month later...

Hello again Carbking ,We discussed this carb a few months ago . well finally had time to clean a little and checked the main jet number . I original read as 12/735 ,you said maybe 12/ 73s . Under magnification ,NO YOUNG EYES AVAILABLE, is 12/135 . Maybe now we can figure out what it goes to . Has 1-5/16" flange hole with 2-3/4" spacing bolts .