1935 Super 8 wiring dilema...

Hi Myron !<P>ONe of the two wires is the ARMATURE, the other is the FIELD. Take off the brush cover - you should be able to see which one is from where. Do NOT operate the generator unless it is hooked up to your car's electrical system correctly - meaning to the correct terminals on your "cut out" relay, and then that, in turn, to a battery.<P>For further detail, try and find an old MOTOR REPAIR MANUAL of the era of your car. I have one in front of me - if you give me the model/make of your generator, and your "cut out" relay ( it is not a full "voltage regulator" in the conventional sense...that came later...!) I will take my manual into town and make copies of the relevant pages and fax them to you.<P>Pete Hartmann

Hi,<P>I'm trying to hook up temporary wiring to test fire my vehicle.<P>There are two wires coming out of the top of the generator about 1/2" apart. The point where they exit the generator will be hidden beneath the regulator / cut-out. Does anyone know how the two wires are supposed to be installed. Are they both attached to the "gen" terminal? Is one of them supposed to go to ground? Is one of them supposed to be attached to the bottom of the cut-out / regulator?<P>Any advice will be greatly appreciated.<P>Myron confused.gif" border="0