???????????????

Got chris' new 55 in the shop<BR>bein worked on. Have semi-retired the "DUKE" until its shadow is done. Am trying to finish p a 62 dart 440 4dr sedan, and am feverishly striving to complete the "COPPERHEAD".

"STILL" working on the garage, well, on the yard around the garage, but I still need to get the doors on it, and the outside will be done, then comes finishing the inside. Spent the last 2 days cleaning the 36' for her 1st show of the year, boy it seems that car gets bigger each year. And last but not lease, trying to keep the wife happy with all the yard projects that she wants to do. grin.gif" border="0

Guest Kevin AZ

Engine hoist in front of the 400. Saturday a.m. is 'zero hour'! Have any of you ever redone the entire front suspension? Prices about floored me for bushings etc. The lovely bride said, "it's only money honey." Damn I love that women! FYI, I bought a wonderful bead blast cabinet to strip down parts too. The second car I 'restore' should be less expensive, maybe?

in my case it would have to remain plural. Why make one woman miserable when i can keep them all happy???<P>For I AM the man with a BIG V8, better known as PackardV8.

Kevin: As a matter of fact, I rebuilt the entire front end of my 48. And yes, the prices are a little staggering, but more so for things like shock rebuilding and king pin installation. I sent those out. Also be sure to add extra $$ to the budget since you will find things that need to be replaced that you thought could be salvaged. Looks can be deceiving, especially on front ends when you start taking off 40+ years of grease and dirt! <P>And I take my hat off to you since this is not an easy job - takes a lot of time and patience.

Kevin: One other helpful hint. When I was disassembling the components, I made small sketches of what was coming apart. For example which direction the bolt went, where washers were located, etc. Came in really handy when putting it back together weeks later when my memory of what it looked like wasn't so good. Good Luck on your adventure!

Guest Kevin AZ

Chris, et al: It's finally out! Yup, I did it! No turning back now. Damn thing is filthy dirty and I have no doubt that someone at an earlier time replaced the heads. With that engine out, it looks like the front end work should be somewhat easier. Famous last words.<P>Chris, I do exactly as you recommend. I've kept a book now since I began the adventure.

Kevin, I've been trying to take some time to pull the engine on my 40 120. I didn't really want to start until I could do it all at once due to the forgetting where that went factor. I'll have to take lots of photos and notes as well so if it turns out it's six months until I have time to get it back in I can. I have a feeling once I get it out and to the machine shop things will move quickly, at least I hope so.