Hurricane Matthew

DAVES89

A former frequent poster [Mc_Reatta] by all projections is in the direct path of Hurricane Matthew. He lives in Satellite Beach Fl which is on a barrier island almost straight accross from Melbourne. 

Pray for Mike and anyone else as they deal with this storm.

• Like 2

Dave,

Haven't heard from "Mc R" in over a year now. Not even sure he's still "with us".

One who is, is Padgett. He's in the Orlando area. Though not particularly near the coast, it's predicted that they will experience 100+ mph winds, heavy rains, power outages etc. Be safe my friend!

John F.

• Like 1

Indeed, was thinking about Padgett being impacted by this the other day. Not sure of any other active members on here in the hurricane strike zone, but even North and South Carolina are in play so Marck may potentially be affected. It is my hope that anyone in the affected areas can safely evacuate (or hunker down if appropriate) in time and get their Reattas out of harms way as well.

Guest Kingsley
5 hours ago, KDirk said:

Indeed, was thinking about Padgett being impacted by this the other day. Not sure of any other active members on here in the hurricane strike zone, but even North and South Carolina are in play so Marck may potentially be affected. It is my hope that anyone in the affected areas can safely evacuate (or hunker down if appropriate) in time and get their Reattas out of harms way as well.

I have exchanged emails with Padgett and, being some 60 miles inland, he feels pretty secure.

Having been through 200 mph Camille in Gulfport, MS,  back in '69 or so, I really have some concern for the coastal Florida (and northward) folks. My prayers go out for all of them

Kingsley

www.reattaspecialtyparts.com

Edited by Kingsley
Add clarity (see edit history)

Yes had an odd path, no real impact south of West Palm Beach. At least the Florida high kept it offshore despite Nicole pushing. I slept through it. Media seems to be scrambling to find debris. I found some small leaves/limbs down but only day one tree.

Now the real problem seems to be electricity. West side of Orlando has power but east not so, say over a million people are without power. And supposed to be near 90 tomorrow.