more quality customer service....

whats wrong ... they cant measure with a ruler???? this makes strike TWO!!<P>Mr. Gasket Helpdesk: <BR>Question: Brand: MrGasket <BR>i need the following information about MrGasket water outlet (thermostat housing) PART no. 9845: 1. mounting flange THICKNESS. 2. distance between mounting holes. 3. diameter of outlet that the hose slides over. 4. is it available in a NON-chromed version??? 5. how long is the outlet that the hose slides over??? <BR>Vehicle/Engine Specifications: <BR>Make:<BR>special application Model:<BR>special application Year:<BR>n.a. <BR>Engine Size:<BR>352 V8 no its NOT a ford. Transmission Type:<BR>automatic <BR>Modifications: need info on thermostat housing. (water outlet)Mr Gasket part# 9845. <BR>Discussion Topics: fans <BR> <BR>Solution: <BR>The part is not available in non-chrome and I have no dimensions for this part. <BR> <BR>Back to List<BR>Search Again

well, I may have missed it or maybe it just is not advertised but I went through my latest PI News Counselor and did not find the item and neither did I find it in a parts list insert I got a year or so ago.

yeah, i think Kanter has re-pop water snouts listed in his magazine but not in the Packard-only list. if i remeber rite its about 45 bucks. All we need is a housing 3" between mounting centres and a snout with a 1-1/2- 2 inch OD. the Packard hose is 1-3/4 ID but if the replacement is smaller (within reason) it can be sleeved with a piece of radiatior hose. Its not clear to me why packard used such a large hose anyway since the T'stat only has about a 1" hole in it fully opened.

THICKNESS of the mounting flange is an issue for those with air-con mounts that bolt to the top of the water outlet like the original factory air-con bracket.

Keith, et al: re: thermo housing on 55-56 V-8. The one that came off the Panther (nee Clipper 352) was pretty badly corroded, so I face the same problem in getting a good one. However, my new Dad-in-law is an oldtime retired mechanic with a full machine shop garage behind his home. He is very interested in the Panther project and maybe I can convince him to custom machine some otherwise unavailable RePO parts. Sheri & I are traveling down to Phoenix tomorrow AM for Easter, etc, so I'll talk to him about such things at that time. Goodness knows, we could all use a friendly, understanding (read favorable to orphan cars) competent machinest for one or few-offs now and again. cool.gif" border="0