Headlight reflectors

mikespeed35

Instead of re-silvering, I went to Uvira and had a glass coated aluminum coating put on. It’s probably been a good 25 years ago and the reflectors are still perfect. Back when I did it, they did the whole process. I understand that they now want you to have a local person polish and nickel plate the reflectors first.

Uvira, Inc. 
310 Pleasant Valley Rd. 
Merlin, OR 97532 
Telephone: +1.541.956.6880 
Fax: +1.541.476.9096 
email: uvira@terragon.com

For re-silvering I went to our local silverware shop.  They were really reasonable and gave very quick service (less than a week).

I spoke to Bill several years ago after reading an article in "Skinned Knuckles" about his process. He does require the reflectors to be highly polished and nickeled prior to their process. It's the same material used in the medical field for those large operating lights and will last a lot longer and has the highest reflection of any standard coating light silver or chrome.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on UVIRA. They have a new address and be advised, Bill Atwood has suffered a stroke and his speech is affected. Be patient if calling him to arrange for service. He is still offering the reflector coating service.

Shipping address:

357 Shan Creek Road

Grants Pass, OR 97527

mailing address:

P.O. Box 1137

Merlin, OR 97532

Phone: (541) 956-6880

Email:uvirainc@gmail.com