How to turn a $150,000 car into a $30,000 car

Matt Harwood

I love the turn signal lights on the fenders and the fit an finish from the tail light stanchion to the body and especially the high quality of the interior.  Now I think I am going to go and throw up.

This Thing started life as a Model 54 (8-cyl) sedan. The four vent doors per hood side were used only on 8-cyl cars.  The Model 53 (small 12-cyl) also had the 137" wheelbase on all but 7-passenger models, but ALL 12s had five doors on each side of the hood.

Tinindian, the taillight stalk is authentic for 1932 Pierces, a one-year-only part, but originally the escutcheon was a tight fit against the panel.

The radiator shell has been pushed back considerably, and the longitudinal "boxes" on each fender near the vertical hood sides have been added, possibly for reinforcement.  The horizontal flat panel in front of the grille is an addition.

Looks like the Olds which gave up its 307 also provided the lovely c. 1980 velour seats.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:25 AM, Restorer32 said:

A crime against humanity.

And of all engines to transplant an Olds 307?  This person must have had a rusty 1980s Olds Cutlass up on blocks and decided to put the engine in the Pierce because it was available.  Horrendous, Todd C