additional scammer information

packardreamer

as sad as I am to say this I now need to expose the second person who has scammed me out of money with no parts coming my way.
Unfortunately for me These both happened in tandem and I didn't understand the signs of a scammer.
The second scammer is call John Taylor his email is JT3059@gmail.com
He also contacted me thru this email after I posted my need for parts for my cars.
He even today refuses to refund my money or send me my parts, he like the other scammer wanted his money thru money gram, (actually Money gram is the one that alerted me to the fact that John Taylor was a scammer and has scammed others and has been reported to money gram)
I just thought everyone here should know about this thief and his methods.
Thank you
Barry Lowe 
336-516-7009

2 hours ago, packardreamer said:

... Money gram is the one that alerted me to the fact that John Taylor was a scammer and has scammed others and has been reported to money gram. ...

So Barry, if they alerted you, didn't they stop your payment?

I'm hoping you didn't lose anything,

but it sounds as if the scammer has your money.

Of course he refuses to send you the parts.

He undoubtedly never had them anyway.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had sent 300 dollars originally a few days begire I found out, then I wired 2300 for some axles thank goodness money gram flagged the final 950.00 that was all I got back.... Im

out 2,600.00 dollars. A hard lesson to learn. 

Ive hired a pi to look into it, not sure if I'll find much. 

Barry 

336-516-7009

This stinks. One wonders just how many people they get in schemes like this--you can probably take heart in the fact that at least you're not alone here.

MoneyGram = MoneyScam. ALWAYS.

Other sure signs of a scam:

Is overseas, usually England. How a treasure trove of parts for a 1953 Nash arrived in England, I can't say. But he somehow has exactly the stuff you need. :rolleyes:

"My Paypal account is dormant/deactivated/cancelled/banned/hacked."

"I'm at sea on an oil rig/freighter/Navy ship so I don't have a phone and poor internet service."

"I have the items you're looking for." (not parts or car you're looking for, always items)

"I have a client who owes me money who will send you a certified check, then you refund me the difference after keeping some extra for your trouble."

2 hours ago, packardreamer said:

I had sent 300 dollars originally a few days begire I found out, then I wired 2300 for some axles thank goodness money gram flagged the final 950.00 that was all I got back.... Im

Barry 

336-516-7009

This deal was made online and this is called wire fraud, it's a felony, report this to the FBI,

You can learn a lot from the PI, but it won't get your money back. Millions of people get taken every year and there are more crooks than there are agents to investigate. The good crooks know this so they don't steal enough from one person at one time to become priority action and they change names, locations, and phone numbers before they can be found. With MoneyGram flagging the account, you're not the only one touched and if John Taylor is a pro he will have a new name. So you might find that your second scammer was also your first 

Your PI might get lucky and find your crook before he can completely disappear and this could help get the Feds to his door before he leaves the room, Every little bit helps.

Please pursue it to the best of your ability. Criminal fraud, probably a felony. Where is the person located, do you know that much even? Mail a complaint to that jurisdiction police dept. Or the state attorney general's office. I was mad getting ripped for, just $190, on an eBay transaction. It involved sending a postal money order. I made a complaint to the postal inspectors office, since it constituted mail fraud and also it involved one of their very own postal USPS money orders. Thought they might take it serious, since I had the address for the fraudster, and documentation. I was disappointed they made no effort to look into it. But looking back I think there was more I could have done in the way of complaints.

It is interesting that the scammers always have the same MO and grammar errors. Just thinking, but maybe an online course called Grammar for Scammers might attract their attention. I could charge them in advance, not deliver the course, and keep the money!

Bernie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the FBI after being sent there by USPS on a similar scam. But these poor guys are so busy with incredibly pressing matters that I was embarrassed for having such a small issue. I apologized and left. I am sure these rats know this. A few hundred bucks here , a few hundred there , you know. Listen , I have to do something about an irresponsible participant on AACA forums. He is not one of the "regular guys" , so don't be casting suspicious glances. He ripped another guy by finally sending an incomplete order , in poor condition , after over a year (!) of saying it is on its way , blah , blah , blah. Peter had to shut him out before he finally partially did anything. I had also placed an order , which came incomplete. The piece I got was therefore very expensive , in very poor condition. Max value at Hershey , maybe $10 - $20. Absolute max. Cost me $600. I give away FAR more valuable stuff , as some of you know. I told the jerk I would be happy to pay shipping back for refund , or take its two bits value in the scrap heap , and he can keep $50 of my money. Of course you know how agreeable he is to that ! A real jerk , and if I can account for 2 out of 2 victims that I know he dealt with , there must be more. Can he be permanently locked out ? Or locked until he refunds my $ ? The other victim is willing to help. You know I would LOVE to post his name , but for now I don't think that is allowed. Or is it ? Initials ? Clever rhyme of state of residence ? I am sure I can narrow it down in PM. If I were to say last name ends with "whatever" that is extremely non specific. Eliminates almost everyone , but some would still be potentially implicated. O.K. further clue : first name starts with "whatever" and lives in a state that rhymes with "stewed pork" , or something like that. Please help me , I don't want this guy to get away with this any more.  Thank you , Carl

On 27/09/2016 at 10:14 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Other sure signs of a scam:

Is overseas, usually England. How a treasure trove of parts for a 1953 Nash arrived in England, I can't say. But he somehow has exactly the stuff you need. :rolleyes:

"My Paypal account is dormant/deactivated/cancelled/banned/hacked."

"I'm at sea on an oil rig/freighter/Navy ship so I don't have a phone and poor internet service."

"I have the items you're looking for." (not parts or car you're looking for, always items)

"I have a client who owes me money who will send you a certified check, then you refund me the difference after keeping some extra for your trouble."

While they write they are in England or where ever more likely to be in Nigeria, some ex Russian republic or some 3rd world country.

Are untouchable. He will not return the money or send parts. He never had parts. Just your email to target

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

On 9/27/2016 at 6:35 AM, packardreamer said:

Barry 

336-516-7009

Barry, I would never post my phone number on-line. You are asking for unsolicited calls and more hassle.. Use a Private Message.

Just sayin.........

We were ripped off by a forum member as well. We bought a car with a supposedly "clean" PA title. It was clean alright. He had bleached out the previous owner's signature on the title. Luckily we only wanted the vehicle for parts. He also was from a state that rhymes with "stewed pork". He still posts on a regular basis.

What I have told many, but only a few ever listened... "if you spend $??? to come see the car and it's not the car for you, money well spent, if you spend the same $??? to come see the car and buy it.... money well spent" I just don't understand why people won't invest a few bucks into inspecting (either themselves or a friend) a car or parts. The car is $30k or a pile of rare parts for $2600 but $500 is too much for an airplane ticket? Then they complain of getting scammed. This is why scammers are so prevalent, because people are penny smart and dollar stupid.

Edited by Amphicar BUYER (see edit history)

I had a really good scam pulled on me this Spring and got me for around   $1300.  No email involved.  It was a phone response to an ad I had in a little trader looking to buy NOS parts and Literature.  The scammer was based in CA.  At no time did the entire transaction seem like a scam and involved several lengthy phone calls to both me and a couple times my wife spoke with them.  It was such a good scam,  I still feel like the parts lot is still in transit although I know it's not. 

The only red flag would be the request for money through Western Union.  I didn't like that approach but as I said I can usually spot a scammer from the first word,  written or spoken and this still feels like a legitimate deal. 

I'll elaborate more some time when I'm not so busy. 

I am pretty laid back about money. I have been buying and selling stuff since I was about 12. I am very sure I am ahead.

A few years ago my Wife gave me a check to rum up to Tractor Supply and buy a new tire for the lawn tractor. The tires were out of stock, but I came home with a collection of little over 4,000 license plates in my truck. Talk about your Jack and the Bean Stalk Syndrome.

They had been flowing out for weeks through Ebay sales and I was down to the last of the pickings. I was still taking checks as payment. A guy in some parish in Louisiana bought about $275 worth. To expedite, I just packed them up and sent them off. Then, no check. I Googled the town. It was small, maybe smaller than mine. So I called the local police. I figured they knew the guy and I just wanted them to stop into the coffee shop or bar where he hung out and lean on him a bit, no charges or anything. You should have heard the constable's drawl, "You sent all those tags before you got the money? That was a stupid thing to do." I couldn't help laughing then or now. "Yeah, I know, but can't you just mention it to him." "You really did that? I don't think I would." Oh, well, we still had groceries that week.

I can just see them with a foot up on the bar rail  "Did you get some license plates from a Yankee? I got a call about them in my office." " Stupid guy, huh." "He got anything else for sale?"

Bernie

• Like 1

Just a few rules I live by and with great success;

• I will never use Western Union candy grams for real business nor will any legit person.
  • Nothing I have is considered "SOLD" until I have cash in hand,
    • I will only hold if I have a non-refundable deposit in hand too.
  •  If I'm buying, I use PayPal as that protects my money as well as my credit card protection. You will never see me sending you anything but these. If you aren't willing to accept that, I don't do business. So far 100% success.

Scammers job is to make you believe they are legit, a few phone calls it all it usually takes. They prey on people who are lazy, ignorant, in a hurry or believe they have a "deal of the century". Your emotions are their tools.

Edited by Amphicar BUYER (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Amphicar BUYER said:

•  If I'm buying, I use PayPal as that protects my money as well as my credit card protection. You will never see me sending you anything but these. If you aren't willing to accept that, I don't do business. So far 100% 

You may want to check that statement regarding PayPal. I believe they will only refund your dollars if you are dealing with an EBay listed item. Other types of purchasers are not protected.  This may have changed with the expanded use of Paypay but you best read the fine print.