1955 Buick general questions

Kosage Chavis

Back of the engine where the line connects and also a plug for the coolant as well.

I would go and buy cheap aftermarket gauges myself to replace the factory ones (until you can put them back) as I dont think running an engine with no oil pressure warning is smart

• Like 2

At least you have the luxury of, if for whatever reason your gauges don't work, you can substitute large round aftermarket ones in their place. Both my temp and oil pressure gauges stick because they bent when I removed them to have my speedometer repaired. I have to live with the temp gauge, but at least I can replace the oil gauge.

• 2 weeks later...

I know  procedures for removing the light switch and ignition are in the shop manual, not sure about the wiper, I recall never being able to find that in the 54 manual. To remove it, push in on the washer button then turn clockwise and pull out, then remove the nut similar to how you removed the heater switch  It's easier to get to the wiper after the light switch is out of the way. 

It's easier on all three, ESPECIALLY the ignition if the whole dash is just removed first. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

More questions...is there a way to remove the ignition lock assembly from the front dash?  Same question applies to the windshield wiper switch and exterior light switch as well.  Thanks as always.

Carefully pry under the wiper switch arm and pull straight out; the rest should be self explanatory.

See my website for tips on the ignition switch....still easiest if the dash is out.

Willie

• Like 1

Ok, so removing the ignition, wiper and light switches went pretty smoothly.  Everything that holds down the front dash from being removed, has been removed.  The only thing preventing me from removing the front dash is the steering column...which leads me to my next question.

How do you lower the steering wheel enough to remove the front dash?  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am only 5'-8".  But either way, I have made up my mind about installing the power seats.  It just depends on what I can get my hands on first...the 4-way or 6-way.  I do appreciate the advice and I am always confident in the help of my Buick brothas!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kosage Chavis said:

Would you happen to have the exploded view for the 4-way p. seat for the small body series?

Also, are power seats from oldsmobile, pontiac, cadillac or chevy interchangeable to a small body buick?

Check your PM

Olds seats would interchange.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 11:03 AM, Kosage Chavis said:

Would you happen to have the exploded view for the 4-way p. seat for the small body series?

Also, are power seats from oldsmobile, pontiac, cadillac or chevy interchangeable to a small body buick?

A

Edited by Guest (see edit history)