Sign in to follow this  
kookie1

'37 Pontiac 6 Touring AC Fuel Pump numbers - help!

I want to order a fuel pump kit and to do that I need the pump number.     I can't figure out what this number is.    I haven't taken the pump off the car yet and can't read the number from above so I shoved my camera down low and took some photos of the flange number, after cleaning off with a wire brush of course.   The pump is on my 1937 Pontiac 6 Deluxe Touring Sedan, 223 engine, std transmission.    It's a dual diaphragm unit with slotted screws.  Here are five of those pix I took.   It looks like it's 9242 or 9342, possibly 32-12 or 93-12 by looking at the second digit near the bottom of the stamped digit.  Suppose it could be 92-12 or 32-42 but I don't know of any fuel pump stamping with a dash like that so I'm guessing it's a number 4.    The first number looks like a 9 but I haven't seen any kits starting with a 9 for an AC pump.  Kind of a sloppy stamping as you can see which makes it tough to read.

Can anyone tell me, with any certainty, what these number are.

Thanks, in advance!

1_Fuel Pump_#.JPG

2_Fuel Pump_#.JPG

3_Fuel Pump_#.JPG

4_Fuel Pump_#.JPG

5_Fuel Pump_#.JPG

Here is a guy that sells rebuilt kits for your car . I have a 1938 Pontiac 4-dr. sedan.

KURT KELSEY Phone # 641-648-9086

email is kelsey@prairieinet.com.

He also had allot of NOS parts for Pontiac's.

Here are two clubs " YOU "  should join, they have other Pontiac and Oakland  people that can help with your needs.

OAKLAND PONTIAC WORLDWIDE   email is  www.oaklandpontiacworldwide.com

ETC, Early Times Chapter, email is  www.earlytimeschapter.org

GOOD LUCK PetePontiac -1

Edited by PETEPONTIAC-1 (see edit history)

Thanks for the file, hwellens, it does answer some of my questions.   One being does any pump have numbers starting with a "9".    Apparently they do.   At first I thought my grandpa's car was original just because of how he used it and kept it.    But I guess he must have had some problems since it has a 1949-52 WA-1 carburetor which was not original.   Now I'm thinking he may have had the fuel pump replaced as well.    Anyway, thanks for the response.

I hear ya, PetePontiac-1, but I never was a big fan of clubs.   I'm kind of a loner and DIY-er.    I've talked with Kurt before on other matters and he seems to be a helpful guy and a great resource.     Thanks for all the details too!