Feverish on ebay

RO

For a compensator switch....all these guys showed up with the last 2 minutes:<P>cohocom (1) $128.33 Jan-16-02 16:49:01 PST <BR>76c (157) $125.83 Jan-16-02 16:49:07 PST <BR>kjprickett@netzero.net (86) $107.89 Jan-16-02 16:49:01 PST <BR>yesterdaysradio (55) $75.59 Jan-16-02 16:39:40 PST <BR>packard56@prodigy.net (36) $75.19 Jan-16-02 16:48:47 PST

Yes Iam guilty of that as well.. why should you start budding the frist day of a seven day bid, all you do is drive the price up and end up paying more for it that you could have gotten it from Kanter or the likes. I have managed to get bids in in the last 10 sec of an aucton. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Myself as well. What I "will" do, however is put in the first bid on something if I really want it. If I see a friend or acquaintence has bid on it, I will not bid. But I certainly agree that the trend is now for last minute bidding if you want something and you have to put sufficient pad in. I saw something (cannot remember what it was) last week get intense in the last two or three minutes and it was all around $50-60 then last thing I saw was bidding closed at $100.

There too that NOS compensator went for $123 or more but there are a couple places on the west coast that will rebuild your old unit into a more reliable solid state device for less than that. Other observations in the last few months are that I see fewer and fewer individuals winning the bids; it is the same vendor types over and over and this is much more true for Packard items than Kaiser, Studebaker, or Hudson. It is somewhat evident on Lincoln items for the 50s too.

RO, I do the same as far as getting in the first bid if I really want it. I never bid against anyone I know. Sometimes it does happen that two acquaintances want the same part in the small Packard world.<p>[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: JT ]

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't Packard, but the point is I just got one of these NOS for $65 from a place in Texas and this is heading for twice that. I sure pays to try and know where to get parts for deals. <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601108177&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601108177&r=0&t=0</A>