1933 Headlights from what vehicle

Guest Gettin Older

Guest Gettin Older

I have had these rolled bezel, one-piece headlights since 1961, and no one has ever positively identified them. Can You?

They are ink stamp dated Sept 22, 1933 and are a matched Left and Right pair

Have Corcoran-Brown Tri-Beam lenses, L & R, and use a GE Mazda lamp for the bulb

Note that they do not have a removable bezel!

I am sure someone needs them for a completion on a project car.

Any ideas? Guys at Auburn-Bugatti-Cord-Duesenberg had no idea what they fit to.

DSCN0196.JPG

DSCN0194.JPG

DSCN0195.JPG

DSCN0197.JPG

Keiser as usual is right.  I would be very interested in them for my 34 Dodge DRXX coupe which has no lenses or reflectors, (years ago somebody bolted in seal beam conversions) would swap the whole units out.  Shoot me an email if you are interested in parting with them.  scottbonesteel@cox.net. Thanks!  SMB

IMG01061-20140824-1853(2).jpg

Guest Gettin Older

Yes, thank you! I have a bunch of 1933-34 Dodge pics and also in my Automobile Quarterly book collection, but none of the original pics from Dodge show them that way. Unless it was a special order. The other thing I noticed is that they appear to be slightly shorter than mine. Any idea as to how I can get a better/closer pic of those?

Guest Gettin Older

Only one I have ever seen, too. Guy died and wife sold it to a collector back east. The doors had leather that rolled over to the exterior where you would rest your elbow when the windows were down. You can see it in first pic.

As far as the lamps go, you can take the lens out carefully and go to this web site to see if they are listed for a certain make. There is a number around the edge. The guy does not want to identify stuff, but he may already have it listed.....http://www.oldcarlenses.com/index.html

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Gettin Older said:

Only one I have ever seen, too. Guy died and wife sold it to a collector back east. The doors had leather that rolled over to the exterior where you would rest your elbow when the windows were down. You can see it in first pic.

Is there an actual "Thunderbolt" nameplate on that car?