Nash34

1915 Regal

6 minutes ago, Nash34 said:

Aha I have been an HCCA member for several years. Know about the membership book. Have used it. 

I've talked to several different Regal owners over the past couple of years. Most of them have early cars and parts. Most really don't know anything about the later Regals other than they exist.

I have been able to find literature and photos. That has helped with door demonstrations, interior and other things that I had questions about.

In fact one of the pieces of literature boast that the doors are 23 in. wide allow for better  access.

Larry

Now that I have an idea what the doors are supposed to be. I think I have a good idea on how to make them. The fun part is going to be finding a door mechanism for opening and closing.

Might not be technically correct, but you can easily buy Model T door latches & hinges. These would be a reasonable cost and doable. 

Well I decided it was time to make some progress on this old Regal. First project of the restoration is to get the water Inlet recasted.

• Like 2

Good to see progress!

On the inlet pattern - good idea splicing the broken casting. Rather than carve the flange etc. out of one piece I would suggest

cutting a thin piece of wood for the flange and laminating an oversize piece to it for the dome shape than shaping it all up.

That way you not fighting grain and it would be stronger.

Maybe some fiberglass cloth to bond it to the casting??  sand out and smooth with bondo should work.

• Like 2

This evening I decided to take the combination generator starter off the Regal to get rebuilt at local shop.

On the back side is the distributor. And I can't say that I've ever seen one quite like this. It's was made by Connecticut telephone and electrical company. Designated as a model 15. Anyone have some parts for one of these?

20200413_175646.jpg

20200413_180756.jpg

• Like 1

Andrew. Thank for sharing. This is what. My Dis. looks like. 

I talk with old buicks 2 couple weeks back and explain how it come apart. At the moment I am trying to get the bearing loosen up so I can take the points cover off. 

Your photo show more details. Which will help with the rest of the disassembly and reassembly. Thanks.

Well we where semi successful this evening.

20200520_222001.jpg

I may have an extra one of these distributors.