Nash34

1915 Regal

Over the weekend I purchased a 1915 Regal Light 4.  The car is a project car. I am in the process of looking for information and photos 1915 Regal.  Also needing some parts. Looking Radiator, radiator shell, owner's manual and dash gauges.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Edited by Nash34 (see edit history)

I will be at Hershey just down from the Hcca tent. RWO 23,24. 

Is there any other  1915 Regal out there? 

I've seen (and used to own one) earlier Regals, but don't think I've ever seen a 1915.....they were produced until 1918, but the later ones seem to be scarce.

Did you purchase the California one that was recently advertised in Hemmings?  Should be a fun project!

Trimacar.

What year of Regal did you have?

I got the car out of Newton, Kansas. The guy I got the car from bought the Regal 40 years ago around the Newton  area. He took the car apart into the bigger components. Engine/transmission , body, frame, rear end.  Had the wheels rewooded. Thats all the farther he got. 

I have found some information sent I first posted. Lot of the components

( speedometer, distribution parts)  I am missing I have figured out what they are. 

I was searching Ebay one day for "1910 Buick", when a listing for a "1910 Regal, not a Buick" popped up.  The car was a chassis with radiator and hood, and a couple of hours from me and inexpensive, so I bought it.  It was a project that I didn't have time for.  I think it was closer to a 1911 or 1912, it was an underslung.  I decided to sell it, it went overseas and has now been restored in speedster form. Here's a picture of it at an exhibition overseas before it was restored.

100_0011.JPG

Still looking for parts for 1915 Regal.

I am doing more research to find out what was used for gauges on the dash.

I come across some information that stated the company that made the starter generator also made the switch. It was a Dyneto made out of Syracuse New York. 

Has anyone come across a switch for a Dyneto ignition system? 

20160911_171727.jpg

It there anyone that own or know some one that own a 1914-1918 Regal.  Would  be interested in talking to them about regal. 

20180307_224239.jpg

Can you post a picture of two of the car as well as the main parts you are needing.  It may help us scrounge around for you.

Al

Posted (edited)

Thanks for responding Al

When I got this car it was already apart. Luckily  it was a teacher that took the car apart and did a pretty good job if keeping everything organized. 

Kept some decent notes.

Whats missing is radiator, hood, all four doors, dash and its components.

Was this model the first that was not underslung?  If you get you body assembled, the doors should not be a huge project, just more work to build them.

Al

Yes 1915 was considered the model D. 

It had a conventional front axle setup. With a cantilever rear end. So the rear end mounted on the end of the springs and not the center to help keep the car sitting lower. Regal also has a full floating rear axle. All in one starter generator unit for the light 4. 

Also the first year to use a V8 in the it the big model. 

The doors themselves won't be bad to make.  It's not having any of the door latchs or hinge hardware  that will make things difficult.