Topper1961

1964 Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon KX Code

Some update!

The bad valve cover fixed, velded and the seam grinded down, ready for some fine adjustment and polishing, can`t wait to see the result from the polishing guy☺️ 

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

• Like 1

The KX code Super Wildcat back from rebuilt, painted and again connected with the TH 400 Super Turbine. Now back were it belong. One bad head, but my friend Art where able to get hold of a correct one including casting number. 

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

• Like 4

Got hold of a close to correct Delco Remy Voltage Regulator 1119515 4C from EBay, only one month from the original which is dated 4B. will keep the old for possible future restoration. Also got the corrct fuel filter AC Delco GF-96.  Last, new repro FAWN Park and Brake Pad Rubber 

Delco Remy 1119515 A.jpg

Delco Remy 1119515 4C - A.jpg

Delco Remy 1119515 4C - B.jpg

Delco Remy 1119515 4C - C.jpg

Delco Remy 1119515 4C - D.jpg

AC Delco GF-96.jpg

AC Delco GF-96 A.jpg

AC Delco GF-96 B.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Topper1961 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Last for to day, some pictures of the paint coming on to the roof. 3 coats of base and 4 clear. Very shiny and DEEEEP! Will look great when the new chromed roof rack and all the Deluxe side trim comes on. Color seems to fit the car perfect.  Two last pictures for the compares 

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

DSCF3661blog.jpg

DSCF3663blog.jpg

• Like 2

As a wagon guy, I have to say that's going to be one spectacular family truckster. Nice work!

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. Had several rounds with my wife, my friend Art and myself before picking this color. It was this or the original Sunburst yellow with a dark brown in the lower area like this one on the attached picture...... 

For my 57 Buick friends, I`m still on and my 66R with the 3 speed stick shift is coming closer to the finish line. Some interior work left, headliner, seats, detailing.. 

full-2.jpg

IMG_1857.JPG

Edited by Topper1961
Correcting pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 1

IMHO, the chrome and stainless trim pop a lot more against the dark color.  It really accentuates the lines.

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KongaMan said:

IMHO, the chrome and stainless trim pop a lot more against the dark color.  It really accentuates the lies.

Being a non native speaker, I'm just curious what you mean with your last comment?

"It really accentuates the lies."

Thanks

Joern

Some update on the Looong Roof. Things are moving, but I also see that it starting to get a challenge to get good trimparts, like front fender trim moldings and so on. It`s all in the details. 

However some new pictures.

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

Edited by Topper1961 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Deep rich color, will be perfect when wet sanded and polished. 

IMG_2052.JPG

• Like 2

Dashboard back in tilt steering, NOS Sonomatic radio, and a complete new wiring harness. My good fiend Art was able to get a decent price since they now have the original as a model for future ones.

IMG_2067.JPG

• Like 6

Howdy  how!

Over in Tempe Phonix spending some time with cars. some updated pictures on the wagon and the 57 Coupe. The need the seats, doorpanels done. Material already ready from SMS fabrics. Also need to order a new carpet.  When thats doen it is just some minor work at it will be ready to ship. 

The wagon is soon ready to fire up, the valvecovers came out really nice. All painting is almost complete and the color is very  rich and deep. Think it was a good choice. What we realized as that the parts car I bought has saved me for thousands of dollars in parts and labour. Still have parts for sale - to much to make a list! Still there is a lot to do, amazing was actually how good the rear (third) seatrow backrest came out just after a proper soap and water scrub. Seems like we are able to use most of the interipor from the partscar.  

Here comes some pictures of my cars and some other intersting cars that my buddy Art is working on right now. Most interesting  is that the 63 Bonneville wagon (fully optioned) is more well designed and have way more luxury interior than the Buick. Thought Buick was supposed to at the higher end. 

Joern

20190730_132958.jpg

20190730_133038.jpg

• Like 3

A 58 limited Art is working on for a customer! Life threats Buicks good in Arizona!

20190730_095623.jpg

20190730_095612.jpg

Third backseat after cleaning! The quality of the vinyl is impressing, the could produce real good stuff back then...

20190730_103230.jpg

• Like 1

Trailer hitch, a factory accessory with right part number. Number  match the onne in my Trailer Hitch brochure. Ready to go the chrome plater. This is a class  1 hitch - no heavy duty. 

20190730_105037.jpg

20190731_074656.jpg

• Like 1

Last thing I did today was to take the VIN tag of the parts car (I collect them). I have heard stories that the factory did hide the spear key underneath them, and voila there it was, and it still work in the doorlock and the glovebox lock, thats BUICK guys.. quality for life! 

20190731_163850.jpg

20190731_163859.jpg

• Like 1

Testing key in the door, amazing after all this years what you can find and experience

20190731_165306.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Topper1961 said:

Last thing I did today was to take the VIN tag of the parts car (I collect them). I have heard stories that the factory did hide the spear key underneath them, and voila there it was, and it still work in the doorlock and the glovebox lock, thats BUICK guys.. quality for life! 

20190731_163850.jpg

20190731_163859.jpg

That's crazy! I've never heard of that! And fact that you confirmed such a case?  Mind blown...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lancemb said:

That's crazy! I've never heard of that! And fact that you confirmed such a case?  Mind blown...

This. I never heard of such a thing, but there it is. Too cool!

PS: Still in love with this wagon. Can't wait to see it finished!

• Like 1