55-56 owners/DAGMAR

To all 55/56 Owners.<BR>Tuesday a dear part of our Packard Trivia, memorabilia, and/or just plain fun passed away. I am refering to Dagmar. No she was not a household word but she was a part of our Packard lore. Who of us has not refered to the bullits on the front of our Packards as Dagmars. She was 79. I ask that at your earliest convenience you raise a glass in toast to this dear woman who has been such a part of our part of the hobby.<BR>R.I.P. Dagmar.

Sat, Oct 13<P>Yeah...Al...I agree...R.I.P DAGMAR.......! Only those of us who were battling puberty in the late 1940's and loving cars in the early and mid 1950's can truly appreciate the tragedy of this great loss. And oh...did we EVER love...and were inspired by those DAGMARS.......see how advanced and foward-looking we were in our youth...and remember...this was LONG before the hit musical "SOUND OF MUSIC" advocated THE JOYS OF " CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN "....<P>Yeah...Yeah...I know...I know..."anything more than a mouth-ful....is a waste". Later on, I had a MINT MINT '53 Cad. Fleetwood 60S,.... recall my "envy" when parked alongside a '55 Fleetwood. Such are the pangs and joys of life..."there is always someone around with bigger ones..." shocked.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0

Guest Kevin AZ

Al K. A toast was raised to a woman I've never known, but alas, I'm appreciative for her contributions. Our 55-56's would not be the same without those special endearing qualities. <P>I wish Pamela Anderson would inspire the development of a modern example. wink.gif" border="0

I don't know Kevin, I don't think i could admit to driving a car with a couple of Pamela's on it. Too many syllables or something. it just don't sound right!!! I am expecting a photo via e-mail from the newspaper publisher in W. VA.<BR>In truth I have never seen her only heard of her, so I am curious.

All: AlK sent me the JPG of Dagmar he received and asked me to upload it to my website and post the URL here. Here she is guys!<P><A HREF="http://www.1956packardpanther.com/dagmar_reduced.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Dagmar</A><P>I took the liberty of reducing the size to 40% of original to ease download for those folks that aren't broadband connected. If anyone wants the full size one, email me or AlK.<p>[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Craig LV ]

All: Here's a cropped shot of the front of my Pat's "Dagmars" for comparison, since no one else had posted one... as if we needed reminding. <P><A HREF="http://www.1956packardpanther.com/DagmarsOnPatrician.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Dagmars On Patrician</A><P>It seems that the same year Dagmars on the Caddys were more protruding. Here's one of a 1955 Caddy.<P><A HREF="http://www.1956packardpanther.com/1955CadillacDagmars.jpg" TARGET=_blank>1955 Caddy Dagmars</A><p>[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Craig LV ]