Rubber Bumper repair - 1975 MGB

As the restoration of this car continues I am wondering if anyone has had an experience with restoring the gloss/shine of the front rubber bumper? Mine has large areas, mostly on the driver's side that appears to have some or all of the "shiny" surface missing.. If you have had similar problems and restored the entire bumper to look close to brand new, how did you accomplish that? Repaint it? If so, what with?  I thank you for your help.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

When I redid this one I used an off the shelf product called bumper black. They also have a special goo for filling in any gouges. If you do fill gouges use the spray on black, otherwise the wipe on renew works and it's easier to work with.

The anniversary stripe is something you will want to do before you put the door handles on. _WEB5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine off the shelf at the local auto body supply store, haven't ever looked to see if Auto Zone carries the product.

Googled up bumper black and didn't see an Auto Zone add, did find a large selection of product choices for considerably less than the off the shelf price. Even better, also found several U-tube vids on how to restore everything from faded to gouged and torn so I'm going to send you to the net