PB Blaster & Bumper Bolts

Guest Kevin AZ

Guest Kevin AZ

Guys.....the Kroil works well, but that PB Blaster (in white aerosol can)is great stuff. Tonite I spent some time on the 400 & removed bolt bumper supports from the frame. Interestingly, I found that the forwardmost bolt & nut assembly had somekind of shouldered concentric configuration to it. Can anyone tell me how this would effect the 5587's front bumper? Would it effect height or position forward? Any clues?

Guest Randy Berger

Ahh! you have discovered Packards cam bolts!<BR>I remember when I first took off my front bumper and wondered about the same thing. These bolts will tilt the bumper up or down to level it and compensate for slight differences in brackets and bumpers. Pretty slick idea and it works - just document which way the bolt was put in and which hole it was in (front or rear). I put those bolts back in the holes they came out of when I disassembled it - yes my memory is that bad and why trust it.<p>[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: Randy Berger ]

Guest Randy Berger

Brian, I just started using a Zep product to clean my whitewalls - does pretty good. Sometime try the PB Blaster - it works for me when nothing else will. You still have to use a wrench - but what the hell, nothing's perfect.