What do car collectors collect besides cars ?.

nick8086

All -  

I collect kissels but my wife doesn’t have much interest in antique cars. But she likes shoes, purses and diamonds.

We have compromised such that every time I buy a car, she gets to buy a very expensive Lois Vitton purse or a piece of fine jewelry or Menollo shoes.

So I guess I de facto collect Louis Vuitton purses, Menollo shoes, and high end jewelry. 

It’s worth it.

Ron Hausmann P.E.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ron hausmann said:

All -  

I collect kissels but my wife doesn’t have much interest in antique cars. But she likes shoes, purses and diamonds.

We have compromised such that every time I buy a car, she gets to buy a very expensive Lois Vitton purse or a piece of fine jewelry or Menollo shoes.

So I guess I de facto collect Louis Vuitton purses, Menollo shoes, and high end jewelry. 

It’s worth it.

Ron Hausmann P.E.

Ron, could you model some of those for us,

and ask your bride to pilot a Kissel on tour during Ladies day?😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having amassed train stuff with a partner and not getting anywhere with it, we decided to liquidate and found a new "collector".

20190810_132118.thumb.jpg.2b8fe26346107930b61f734a8b8e77a1.jpg

Hmmm, now....there is that chroming I need to have done on that spare front bumper I have for the Special... and the Limited has been sitting idle for awhile...

• Like 2

Past President Al Edmond got me interested in advertising. We would go to swap meets all over the Midwest along with the original Pate and Hershey. I would bring them home and stack them in the loft of the warehouse I rented from him.  Ten years ago moved to Texas and I was finally able to organize and hang part of my collection.  It was like Christmas all over again. Some of the signage I hadn’t seen since the early 80’s. 

9D8DAC1C-0A2C-4162-88DA-3804236B3B5A.jpeg

02D13A8F-66DE-45A9-A402-E35D6C3654F3.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ron hausmann said:

All -  

It’s worth it.

Ron Hausmann P.E.

Sounds like two hobbies that need to be combined, hand bags & Kissel Gold Bugs.

DSCF3744.JPG

DSCF3745.JPG